I can't find the path to add games

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bepostabi

I can't find the path to add games

Post by bepostabi »

Hello. I can't find the path to add games. I can't go up on the path to go to another directory. I can only enter the Savegames / director, nothing else. :?

I have tried to find with iFile where the Savegames / directory is located to copy the games files into it, but I am not able to find it. I found the path where ScummVm is installed but I can't find the Savegames / directory :(

I would appreciate if anyone has any information that could help me, thanks. :oops:
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: I can't find the path to add games

Post by criezy »

That would help if you indicate which platforms you are using ScummVM on.

I know that on iOS for example by default ScummVM is limited to the application Sandbox (I believe that for jailbroken iPhones/iPads it can be built without that limitation). So you would need to copy the game to this location, for example using iTunes.

There may be other platforms with a similar limitation.
bepostabi

Post by bepostabi »

I am using iPad 3, with iOS 9.3.6 with Phoenix jailbreak.

I install ScummVm with cydia, http://johan.margueritte.free.fr/repo/ source. But the program closes.

Then i install ScummVm with cydia impactor, from Mac.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/skinjwqqi ... +11%29.ipa

This version does not close but I cannot add games.

I would like to install an older version but I don't know how to do it.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

What prevents you from using the official ScummVM build? We have no idea what has been done with the builds you're trying to use.

Eugene
bepostabi

Post by bepostabi »

I don't know how I can install an official scummvm.
8BitAirwaves

Post by 8BitAirwaves »

bepostabi wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:31 pm I don't know how I can install an official scummvm.
Are you jailbroken? If so download Filza from Cydia and download the official deb or ipa. In Filza, tap the deb or ipa and press install. If it isn’t immediately on your phone simply respring (or reboot) and the icon will appear.

If you’re not jailbroken, download the ipa on your computer and also On download an application called “Cydia Impactor”. Plug your phone in and then drag the ipa into impactor.
Alternatively there are paid services that are arguably easier. For PC/Mac try iExplorer (great for adding games to ScummVM) and for iOS i recommend iPASTORE.
Last edited by 8BitAirwaves on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
8BitAirwaves

Post by 8BitAirwaves »

bepostabi wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:56 pm Image

Hello. I can't find the path to add games. I can't go up on the path to go to another directory. I can only enter the Savegames / director, nothing else. :?

I have tried to find with iFile where the Savegames / directory is located to copy the games files into it, but I am not able to find it. I found the path where ScummVm is installed but I can't find the Savegames / directory :(

I would appreciate if anyone has any information that could help me, thanks. :oops:
The location is in the apps container. Your phone or tab may have a custom ID for the app so it may not be universal. To find it, open Filza and go to var > mobile. Then tap the search icon (top left) and search “savegames”. It’ll bring you to the correct folder (which you can then add to favorites for quick access). For reference here is the file path on my phone /var/mobile/Containers/Data/Application/0951FB31-99DA-4C48-87BE-5F51755F1160/Documents
bepostabi

Post by bepostabi »

Thanks a lot
8BitAirwaves

Post by 8BitAirwaves »

bepostabi wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:06 pm Thanks a lot
No worries mate! Let me know if you have additional questions (feel free to PM me).