please someone provide a working scummvm ios 11 64bit build

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: please someone provide a working scummvm ios 11 64bit build

Post by sev »

Now we uploaded the official 2.1.0 builds for iOS.

Eugene
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

sev wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:08 pm Now we uploaded the official 2.1.0 builds for iOS.

Eugene
Is this the place for recent (64-Bit) builds?
https://www.scummvm.org/frs/scummvm/2.1 ... mirrorlist

EDIT: Just installed it. It is indeed a working 64-Bit build from Oct 12th. Thanks! Although I'm gonna miss building my own this is a lot easier ;)

EDIT2: Wait, isn't MT-32 support enabled in this build? I always enable that, works great!
8BitAirwaves

Post by 8BitAirwaves »

TheQL wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:42 pm
sev wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:08 pm Now we uploaded the official 2.1.0 builds for iOS.

Eugene
Is this the place for recent (64-Bit) builds?
https://www.scummvm.org/frs/scummvm/2.1 ... mirrorlist

EDIT: Just installed it. It is indeed a working 64-Bit build from Oct 12th. Thanks! Although I'm gonna miss building my own this is a lot easier ;)

EDIT2: Wait, isn't MT-32 support enabled in this build? I always enable that, works great!
Hey mate quick question, where do you put the MT-32 ROM’s in this version? In each games folder?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Indeed the MT-32 emulator is not enabled in this build. This is mostly an oversight from myself as it used to be too power hungry for iPhones and iPads and was thus disabled, and I never updated my build instructions despite MT-32 working quite well now on those (I have now update my build script, so hopefully next time I build one MT-32 will be enabled). I am currently away from home, but I will try to remember to upload a new build with MT-32 enabled when I am back in about a week.
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

criezy wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:05 pm Indeed the MT-32 emulator is not enabled in this build. This is mostly an oversight from myself as it used to be too power hungry for iPhones and iPads and was thus disabled, and I never updated my build instructions despite MT-32 working quite well now on those (I have now update my build script, so hopefully next time I build one MT-32 will be enabled). I am currently away from home, but I will try to remember to upload a new build with MT-32 enabled when I am back in about a week.
Great, looking forward to that!
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

8BitAirwaves wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:39 pm Hey mate quick question, where do you put the MT-32 ROM’s in this version? In each games folder?
No, I have a separate folder and use that as "Extra Path". Just like with the desktop version.
8BitAirwaves

Post by 8BitAirwaves »

TheQL wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:53 pm
8BitAirwaves wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:39 pm Hey mate quick question, where do you put the MT-32 ROM’s in this version? In each games folder?
No, I have a separate folder and use that as "Extra Path". Just like with the desktop version.
Thank you mate!
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

Just tried to install the recent build from https://buildbot.scummvm.org/snapshots/ ... st.tar.bz2 - that's still 32-bit, as it seems...
And the pre-compiled binary from https://www.scummvm.org/frs/scummvm/2.1 ... mirrorlist hasn't been updated yet to allow MT-32 emulation. No complains, just a quick heads up. Maybe the build-bot should be switched to 64-bit as well.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

I have now recompiled the iOS packages for the 2.1.0 release to enable MT-32. So you may want to give it a go.

And good point for buildbot. We might want to build a 64 bit iOS version instead of 32 bit.
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

Thanks, this build looks pretty good to me!
8BitAirwaves

Post by 8BitAirwaves »

Thank you so much mate! I can confirm MT32 emu working for me w the new build, working on iOS 9 (iPad Pro) and iOS 11 (iPhone X)
psy_

Post by psy_ »

thanks for the updated ios port ! now it's on par with the other ports, just to mention that one of the freeware games on your site still doesn't work on ios , the game DREAMWEB still shows black screen on start :/
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

Since Blade Runner is now on GOG, can I assume that a current build should have proper support for the game? Can you create a recent build for us? Thanks!
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Have you tried with the 2.1.0 release? It already officially supports Blade Runner, so you may not need a more recent version. I have not yet tried to play Blade Runner on iOS myself, so I cannot confirm if it works or not.

In case there were recent changes that are needed I have just built a new version with the latest changes. This is fully untested though.
IPA: https://www.dropbox.com/s/goxrxkeir63pc ... d.ipa?dl=0
Deb: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8z2mq4l62i3w ... d.deb?dl=0

Edit: This closed bug report seems to indicate that Blade Runner should work in the iOS 2.1.0 release.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

I have now tried it, and I can confirm that it works at least on iPad.
And I just happen to be traveling tomorrow and I now know what I am going to do in the train! :)