please someone provide a working scummvm ios 11 64bit build

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TheQL

Re: please someone provide a working scummvm ios 11 64bit build

Post by TheQL »

criezy wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:43 pm I have now tried it, and I can confirm that it works at least on iPad.
And I just happen to be traveling tomorrow and I now know what I am going to do in the train! :)
Hehe, thanks, have fun!
ptitmoos

Post by ptitmoos »

Dear all,

I would like my kids to play ScummVM games on my iPad, but I have no idea how to proceed.
I own an iPad Pro 1st Gen on iPadOS 13 (no jailbreak).
I downloaded the latest version of the ipa (https://www.scummvm.org/frs/scummvm/2.1 ... mirrorlist).
But then how am I supposed to install it on my tablet?

Thanks for your help.
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

There are a million ways to do that, but none of them is supported by Apple. The official way would be to install Xcode, get the source, create the project and install that onto your iPad. It's not entirely trivial, but all other ways aren't really either.

Maybe check out reddit
ptitmoos

Post by ptitmoos »

TheQL wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:27 pm There are a million ways to do that, but none of them is supported by Apple. The official way would be to install Xcode, get the source, create the project and install that onto your iPad. It's not entirely trivial, but all other ways aren't really either.

Maybe check out reddit
Thanks for your quick answer.
I see, no easy solution indeed...
I will end up jailbreaking the device in order to sideload the ipa.
TheOggy

Post by TheOggy »

TheQL wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:27 pm There are a million ways to do that, but none of them is supported by Apple. The official way would be to install Xcode, get the source, create the project and install that onto your iPad. It's not entirely trivial, but all other ways aren't really either.

Maybe check out reddit
I tried it by Xcode, with Xcode 11.4 for iOS13. But the build failed because of opengles instead of Metal.
Anybody an idea or is anywhere a metal version?
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

To be honest, I am still on Mojave and did my builds there... But that no longer works with current iOS versions. You need professional help or input here...
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

Is there a new build somewhere around? Or has the build-bot been updated to provide working builds for 64 bit with MT32 emulation? What's the correct place to look for builds instead of asking here? ;)
Praetorian
ScummVM Developer

Post by Praetorian »

TheQL wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:27 pm Is there a new build somewhere around? Or has the build-bot been updated to provide working builds for 64 bit with MT32 emulation? What's the correct place to look for builds instead of asking here? ;)
The development builds in the page below are updated daily.
The stable builds in the same page correspond to the official ScummVM release versions (most of the time).
https://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html

I do not know though if the recent builds are working on iOS 11 or if they include MT32 emulation.
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

Criezy said he'd have to update the build pipeline, not sure if that ever happened, though...
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

No, the buildbot has not been updated and still provides 32 bits builds. Another developer is doing some work on buildbot currently, which may eventually result in a more modern iOS build. But that will take time.

So currently there is no regular 64 bits iOS builds available anywhere as far as I am aware.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Also I just saw the post from TheOggy above about the build failing because it uses OpenGLES and not metal. I am using the latest Xcode version myself on macOS Catalina, and I have never seen that issue. It happily compiles ScummVM with OpenGLES for me. So I have no idea what could be causing that error.
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

Hi, thanks for the heads up!

I think TheOggy got it working here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15151

I wouldn't mind a fresh build, but actually I am not having any issues with ScummVM right now, so it's not that relevant tbh.
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

Hi folks!

So, version 2.5 seems to be a pretty huge step. Would love to try MI4 on it... Has anything happened to the iOS builds? Or could somebody trigger a new one?
I know there is the build-bot, but those builds were more or less useless for a while now...
Juppstein

Post by Juppstein »

I downloaded the official deb file and installed via Filza, worked perfectly.
TheQL

Post by TheQL »

I am thinking about non-jailbroken devices and a working .ipa which can be sideloaded.

Also things like MT32-support weren't officially enabled in the past, wouldn't want to miss out on that again.