Confused about installation

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Arwen4CJ

Confused about installation

Post by Arwen4CJ »

I recently got an iPad, and I tried following the instructions for non-jail broken devices. The version of XCode that I downloaded must be a little different than on the description in the instructions. I downloaded it yesterday from the App Store. I recently upgraded the operating system on my computer from Snow Leopard to El Capitan.

Everything went fine for in following the non-jail broken instructions until I recheached the "Compiling and deploying ScummVM to your iOS device" heading.

I made up a bundle identifier name, but there was no "fix issue" button that I saw. Instead, there were other things to click and problems that were displayed there. It said something like the version of XCode was incompatible. I was able to enter my Apple ID, but I am not sure if it actually connected properly or not because it took me to a different screen.

I told it to make it compatible with my XCode - I am not sure if that is when the screen changed or if it was before that. I finally figured out how to get the previous screen back up. It showed none of the errors it showed before.

I plugged in my iPad and selected it, then hit Cmd+R and it tried to install ScummVM on my iPad. However, the build failed. There were some errors displayed on the side as well.

I received 7 errors. They were as follows:
Semantic Issue
Shifting a negative signed value is undefined bbant.cc
(The above is repeated 4 times, then I received:)
Cast to 'void*' from smaller integer type 'int' lua_unpersist.cpp
(I received that error a second time)

The last error appears more serious because it has a stop sign with an exclamation mark in it:
Lexical or Preprocessor Issue
'Curl/curl.h' file not found boxtokenrefresher.cpp

My Internet connection is extremely slow, so maybe it messed something up during the "preparing the Xcode project and getting the code step?

Or maybe I shouldn't have clicked to try to make it compatible?

Or maybe I should have made it try to fix the other errors?

Should I try to start the process all over again? Or is there something I can try to fix? If it is fixable, what do I need to do? Or do I need to be running Sierra and iOS 10?

I am currently running El Capitan on my computer and iOS 9 on my iPad.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Re: Confused about installation

Post by criezy »

Arwen4CJ wrote:The last error appears more serious because it has a stop sign with an exclamation mark in it:
Right. That is the issue. The others are only warnings.
I am assuming you are following the instructions where it says to use a prepare_workspace.sh file. If so that files should have a line that contains

Code: Select all

create_project ../scummvm --xcode --enable-fluidsynth --disable-jpeg --disable-bink --disable-16bit --disable-mt32emu --disable-nasm --disable-opengl --disable-theora --disable-taskbar
Just add the following at the end of that line and rerun the ./prepare_worspace.sh command in the Terminal.

--disable-libcurl --disable-sdlnet --disable-cloud
Arwen4CJ

Re: Confused about installation

Post by Arwen4CJ »

criezy wrote:
Arwen4CJ wrote:The last error appears more serious because it has a stop sign with an exclamation mark in it:
Right. That is the issue. The others are only warnings.
I am assuming you are following the instructions where it says to use a prepare_workspace.sh file. If so that files should have a line that contains

create_project ../scummvm --xcode --enable-fluidsynth --disable-jpeg --disable-bink --disable-16bit --disable-mt32emu --disable-nasm --disable-opengl --disable-theora --disable-taskbar
Just add the following at the end of that line and rerun the ./prepare_worspace.sh command in the Terminal.

--disable-libcurl --disable-sdlnet --disable-cloud
Thanks. Will do.

Yes, I am following the instructions where it says to prepare_workspace.sh
Arwen4CJ

Can't find games

Post by Arwen4CJ »

Okay, I got ScummVM to install on my iPad. I followed the directions for copying files through iTunes. However, when I tried opening the folders I sent, it says that it can't find any games in the directory.

It has been so long since I installed games on ScummVM on my Mac that I can't remember how to add games properly. I thought I copied the same files that I used for the Mac version of ScummVM, but maybe I did something wrong.
Arwen4CJ

Post by Arwen4CJ »

Okay, I figured it out. I have another issue that I will start a new thread about.