ScummVM 1.8.0-git for iOS 7+ available on GitHub

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Noodles

Post by Noodles »

I'm sorry! I think there were some rumors that the new assemblies will support the aliasing modes. But installed the new version and, as there was only one option - bilinear, so he stayed. Ie impossible to tie additional modes?
gah303

Post by gah303 »

Dear All,

I am new to the forum but would like to thank bSr43 for his awesome script, which worked flawlessly and let my compile the current git-version of ScummVM 1.9.0 for my non-jailbroken iPad. The classic Games are working fine!

Unfortunately, I am able to play "Zork Nemesis - The Forbidden Lands" with ScummVM 1.8.0 on my jaibroken iPad, but not via the freshly compiled current version of ScummVM 1.9.0git on the non-jailbroken device. The game starts and sound is fine, but the intro-moving is not showing, the screen remains black. Can the missing mpeg2-Support be the reason? Is there any chance for me to activate all features of the ScummVM-app for jailbroken devices for the selfcompiled version? Or how can I trace the error? Or is building v1.8.0 worth a try, to see if the error persists?

Many thanks for your thoughts and remarks!
yuzh

Post by yuzh »

Dear all

Thanks to the wonderful work by bSr43, I was able to install scummvm into my non-jailbroken iPad mini 4. The only problem now is that the direct clone to "https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm.git" (as in the bash file above) does not work: create_project produces errors.
To resolve, I had to download the "desc/1.9.0git" release from Feb 5, and everything worked fine with it.

One question: why the 16-bit color support should be disabled for iOS?
Aasern82

Post by Aasern82 »

Hello! I need some help with some issues trying to sideload ScummVM to my Ipad Air 2 (not jailbroken).

When using Xcode I always get the message that the build failed - with the message "curl/curl.h file not found".

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Appreciate the help! :D
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Aasern82 wrote:When using Xcode I always get the message that the build failed - with the message "curl/curl.h file not found".

You need to disable curl when you invoke the create_project tool. You might also need to disable SDL_net if it is installed on your computer. The following command should work (with the caveat that you might need to adapt the path to the ScummVM source):

Code: Select all

create_project ../scummvm-src --xcode --enable-fluidsynth --disable-jpeg --disable-bink --disable-16bit --disable-mt32emu --disable-nasm --disable-opengl --disable-theora --disable-taskbar --disable-libcurl --disable-sdlnet
Aasern82

Post by Aasern82 »

criezy wrote:
Aasern82 wrote:When using Xcode I always get the message that the build failed - with the message "curl/curl.h file not found".

You need to disable curl when you invoke the create_project tool. You might also need to disable SDL_net if it is installed on your computer. The following command should work (with the caveat that you might need to adapt the path to the ScummVM source):

create_project ../scummvm-src --xcode --enable-fluidsynth --disable-jpeg --disable-bink --disable-16bit --disable-mt32emu --disable-nasm --disable-opengl --disable-theora --disable-taskbar --disable-libcurl --disable-sdlnet
Thanks for the quick reply!
Sorry, but I'm completely new to this, so I have to ask some more.

Should the code above be entered instead of "chmod +x prepare_workspace.sh ; ./prepare_workspace.sh" ?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Ha, I see where you got the instructions you are following :wink:
The answer to your question is no. Instead you should modify prepare_workspace.sh in a text editor. It should have one line with a command similar to the one I posted. Just modify that line to add:

--disable-libcurl --disable-sdlnet
And then you can run

chmod +x prepare_workspace.sh ; ./prepare_workspace.sh
Aasern82

Post by Aasern82 »

criezy wrote:Ha, I see where you got the instructions you are following :wink:
The answer to your question is no. Instead you should modify prepare_workspace.sh in a text editor. It should have one line with a command similar to the one I posted. Just modify that line to add:

--disable-libcurl --disable-sdlnet
And then you can run

chmod +x prepare_workspace.sh ; ./prepare_workspace.sh
Heh, of course, when I first saw there was a way to get ScummVM on my iPad, I just had to try :D

Thanx a bunch for the help, I think that did the trick!
But I'm really not sure. Now Xcode tells me that the build succeeded, only some yellow warnings on the left, telling me of 7 semantic issues (I have no idea what they mean).

But what I find odd (and not as stated in the instructions), is that I cannot seem to find any ScummVM-icon on my iPad after the build is finished. According to the instructions, I should "Trust" the app in Settings, but I can't find anywhere to do this in IOS 10.

Any more tips? :)
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Indeed, the first time you should trust the app on the iPad, but XCode should prompt you about it and tell you how to do it (it is in Settings > General > Device Management > You developer account).

Make sure your iPad is connected to your computer with the USB cable when you build (I think you will get an error in that is not the case, so this should be OK already).

Also make sure you are building ScummVM-iOS and not ScummVM-macOS at the very top of the XCode window (next to the button to start and stop a build). And next to it make sure you also selected your iPad device and not the Generic iOS Device or one of the simulator (although in the latter case it would start the simulator automatically on the mac when the build finishes, so I guess you would have noticed).

And finally make sure your properly set the identity and signing settings in XCode before building (as stated in the instructions).
Aasern82

Post by Aasern82 »

criezy wrote:Indeed, the first time you should trust the app on the iPad, but XCode should prompt you about it and tell you how to do it (it is in Settings > General > Device Management > You developer account).

Make sure your iPad is connected to your computer with the USB cable when you build (I think you will get an error in that is not the case, so this should be OK already).

Also make sure you are building ScummVM-iOS and not ScummVM-macOS at the very top of the XCode window (next to the button to start and stop a build). And next to it make sure you also selected your iPad device and not the Generic iOS Device or one of the simulator (although in the latter case it would start the simulator automatically on the mac when the build finishes, so I guess you would have noticed).

And finally make sure your properly set the identity and signing settings in XCode before building (as stated in the instructions).
Hmmm, all of the different instructions I have seen online tells me to go to Settings>General>Profile and device management. But on my iPad, currently with iOS 10.1, there is nothing called profile or device management. Could it be that Apple removed this in iOS 10?

I have made sure everything else is according to the instructions, I find my iPad in the device section and it is set to ScummVM-iOS, not macOS. I have also tried the different variables under deployment, both iPhone and iPad. Everytime it says "Build succeeded", but nothing happens on the iPad.

Thanks for the help, feels like we're getting close now! :D
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Aasern82 wrote:Hmmm, all of the different instructions I have seen online tells me to go to Settings>General>Profile and device management. But on my iPad, currently with iOS 10.1, there is nothing called profile or device management. Could it be that Apple removed this in iOS 10?
No. I do have iOS 10.1 as well and I do have this option. Maybe the issue is with the registration of the device for your profile (although this should be done automatically by XCode, or at least is with the latest version). That reminds me that you need a fairly recent OS X and XCode for all this to work (I think you need either OS X El Capitan or macOS Sierra).
Also you could take a look at the Apple page on the topic to see if you can find what is wrong:Launching Your App on Devices
Aasern82

Post by Aasern82 »

criezy wrote:
Aasern82 wrote:Hmmm, all of the different instructions I have seen online tells me to go to Settings>General>Profile and device management. But on my iPad, currently with iOS 10.1, there is nothing called profile or device management. Could it be that Apple removed this in iOS 10?
No. I do have iOS 10.1 as well and I do have this option. Maybe the issue is with the registration of the device for your profile (although this should be done automatically by XCode, or at least is with the latest version). That reminds me that you need a fairly recent OS X and XCode for all this to work (I think you need either OS X El Capitan or macOS Sierra).
Also you could take a look at the Apple page on the topic to see if you can find what is wrong:Launching Your App on Devices
I'm using OS X El Capitan (through VirtualBox Manager) and Xcode 8.1. After some hassle, I managed to sign up for beta Apple Software, so now I find "profile" under Settings>General.

Tried another build, it compiles all the files, and as earlier gives me some issues, but it eventually says "build succeeded". But I'm never being prompted for anything.

Very strange, my iPad is registered under my devices, I find a provisioning on it in Xcode under "Devices" > "Show provisioning profiles" (after installing Beta Apple Software profile).

But still no luck.
Aasern82

Post by Aasern82 »

Aasern82 wrote:
criezy wrote:
I'm using OS X El Capitan (through VirtualBox Manager) and Xcode 8.1. After some hassle, I managed to sign up for beta Apple Software, so now I find "profile" under Settings>General.

Tried another build, it compiles all the files, and as earlier gives me some issues, but it eventually says "build succeeded". But I'm never being prompted for anything.

Very strange, my iPad is registered under my devices, I find a provisioning on it in Xcode under "Devices" > "Show provisioning profiles" (after installing Beta Apple Software profile).

But still no luck.
I am getting 7 issues when building. Most of them are semantic issues (I am guessing they are not that important?) and one that says info.plist Utility Warning. When pressing this I get:

ProcessInfoPlistFile /Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/scummvm-fewlxvcawnzhyddtvoizxvivlfzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/scummvm.app/Info.plist dists/ios7/Info.plist
cd /Users/admin/Desktop/again/scummvm
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
builtin-infoPlistUtility /Users/admin/Desktop/again/scummvm/dists/ios7/Info.plist -genpkginfo /Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/scummvm-fewlxvcawnzhyddtvoizxvivlfzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/scummvm.app/PkgInfo -expandbuildsettings -format binary -platform iphoneos -additionalcontentfile /Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/scummvm-fewlxvcawnzhyddtvoizxvivlfzy/Build/Intermediates/scummvm.build/Debug-iphoneos/ScummVM-iOS.build/assetcatalog_generated_info.plist -o /Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/scummvm-fewlxvcawnzhyddtvoizxvivlfzy/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/scummvm.app/Info.plist

warning: User supplied UIDeviceFamily key in the Info.plist will be overwritten. Please use the build setting TARGETED_DEVICE_FAMILY and remove UIDeviceFamily from your Info.plist.
bobbygiovannucci

Post by bobbygiovannucci »

whenever i try to prepare the xcode project through the terminal app on my 2009 macbook the terminal says it can't find the command to create the xcode project. any idea what i am doing wrong?
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

Aasern82: I am getting those six semantic issues and the Info.plist warning as well, and I don't think they are the cause of ScummVM not being copied to your iPad. But I have no idea what the cause is. A wild guess maybe: have you checked you have sufficient available space on the iPad?

bobbygiovannucci: Are you following the instruction from the blog post here: http://blog.pmlabs-apps.com/scummvm-on- ... jailbreak/?