How do you put games on the iPhone?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tim20

How do you put games on the iPhone?

Post by Tim20 »

I've managed to get ScummVM installed on my iPhone no problem, but I haven't got the faintest idea how to put the game files on. I've already checked the Wiki, but I'm none the wiser... :?

I have FileZilla installed, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do or how to do it. And how do you access '/var/mobile'? Where is it?

Can someone please help?
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

Anyone?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Of course. There is 'Read Before Post' thread in every forum which points to precise places where to ask these questions. And moreover, it this very forum there is a sticky post called Installation Instructions.

So far you've been ignorant to our forum rules, particularly forum rule #1, rule #1a, rule #2.

Eugene
Tim20

Post by Tim20 »

I've gotta get this off my chest as it's been annoying me whenever I post here: Now, I love the work you guys do, really, but in my opinion, there are a number of members/mods here who are either being strict, grumpy, uptight, ignorant or anal about the rules when someone asks for help! Just sayin'. Image That's how it comes across to me anyway.

And as for the rules, I can't imagine there are many people (especially newbies) that bother to check them out as soon as they sign up to a forum; they just wanna get stuck in. Plus, not everyone (this doesn't include me) is 100% computer/internet/forum literate, so go easy on some people.

Every other forum I've visited or visit have never had issues with answering questions that have been answered before! They're always happy to help out instead of just saying: "check the rules/search function".

And for your information, yes, the Installation Instructions sticky was the first place I went, hence me checking out the Wiki. :wink: But it still doesn't change the fact that I don't understand what it means or what I have to do exactly. I've never done it before. That also annoys me too: being told to go to a certain thread for instructions, only to find the instructions aren't very clear nor do they elaborate!