Broken Sword Demo - Is this normal?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Zuon

Broken Sword Demo - Is this normal?

Post by Zuon »

I'm not sure if this would classify as a bug report, so I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but just today I downloaded ScummVM to my ipod touch 4G and installed the Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars demo using the download links provided on this very site. I have also installed the cutscene packs provided as well.

When the gameplay first starts, the sound of the birds chirping repeats over and over, but that's not my problem, even if it is annoying. My problem is, when I walk into the Cafe and start talking with the waitress, after she asks "Are you a doctor?" when I try to click the Thumbs down button, instead of saying the appropriate line, George shouts "Hey!" the waitress goes "Huh?" and I'm stuck at a dialogue screen. I see 2 options I can select, as well as what I assume is the "Go Back" button, but clicking on any of these accomplishes nothing, and I'm still left stuck at that screen. The game is not frozen, as the animations and music are still working perfectly, but I cannot continue with the game.

Is this supposed to happen? I don't remember the game being this way.
Ventrex

Post by Ventrex »

Sorry for bumping this topic with no answer but why taking so much trouble if part 1 and part 2 of the gerne are currently available on the apple store?

I bought them both because these 2 games are the best.
Flo

Post by Flo »

Ventrex wrote:Sorry for bumping this topic with no answer but why taking so much trouble if part 1 and part 2 of the gerne are currently available on the apple store?
The "Director's Cut" of part 1 that is available on the app store (and other platforms) has significant changes in content and gameplay compared to the original PC release. So if you want to play the original game, you still need ScummVM.