Working toolchain?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's iPhone port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AchillesPDX

Working toolchain?

Post by AchillesPDX »

Hi there people. I got frustrated with the lack of support on the Monkey Island Fan Patch so I decided to figure out how to compile up ScummVM on my own for the iPhone. Unfortunately, it's not exactly an easy process. I found a VMware image of "[Toolchain] - VMWare Image (Debian 4R1)" which I hoped would have everything I needed in it, but after setting up the environment variables and running the config I'm getting errors when trying to "make" scummvm.

If anyone can point me in the direction of a working toolchain install as a virtual machine image, that would be fantabulous or help out with what might be wrong with mine.

Here's my error message:
http://img818.imageshack.us/i/error01.png/
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Sorry, can't really help you with the toolchain -- the people developing the iPhone port use, as far as I know, the official Apple SDK and IDE (i.e. XCode). We(well, at least I) know nothing about 3rd-party SDKs/tool chains.
AchillesPDX

Post by AchillesPDX »

I sure did. And everything that's written there on using the unofficial SDK makes perfect sense and I followed it to the letter. The problem is that the instructions written by saurik on how to install the unofficial toolchain are the most convoluted, complicated, long-winded, only-helpful-if-you've-programmed-in-linux-before giant pile of crap. They can be found here: http://www.saurik.com/id/4

I also tried using the official SDK as i have access to a Mac and had all kinds of compile errors because it looks like the Xcode project included is out of sync with the rest of the files.

Who's working on the iPhone port? Maybe I can PM them directly and get some help.
cathay88

Post by cathay88 »

fingolfin wrote:the people developing the iPhone port use, as far as I know, the official Apple SDK and IDE (i.e. XCode).
right. and they are very unwilling to show their secret tools
Last edited by cathay88 on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Huh? Nothing is secret about these tools.
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

cathay88 wrote:
fingolfin wrote:the people developing the iPhone port use, as far as I know, the official Apple SDK and IDE (i.e. XCode).
right. and they are very unwilling to show their secret tools
FYI I helped the OP over PM, and he did get the port compiling using the unofficial SDK.