Cannot 'Add Game'

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

FaeDine

Cannot 'Add Game'

Post by FaeDine »

Just got my GP2X Wiz, it's grand. Trying ScummVM out and not having much like as I cannot add any games.

I hit the 'Add Game' button, point it to the directory but keep getting the 'ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory!'

I haven't tried many games, but a few. Loom and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (both off Steam, though I don't think it should matter), and a copy of Monkey Island 3 off an SD Card (which I'm certain works, as I gave it a go when using ScummVM on my Wii)...

.. any ideas on what I can do here? Is there some way I can add games without using that button like editing a text file with a list?
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Cannot 'Add Game'

Post by LordHoto »

FaeDine wrote:I haven't tried many games, but a few. Loom and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (both off Steam, though I don't think it should matter)
Actually it does matter, we do not support the Steam versions currently. They are packaged a bit differently which prevents them to be working with ScummVM AFAIK.
FaeDine

Post by FaeDine »

Ahhh, perfect. That explains it then :) A bit odd that I couldn't get Monkey Island 3 going.. but I pulled out an old CD copy of Day of the Tentacle which works fine so it's enough to tell me it's something I'm doing now, and not the software.

Thank you very much!!