Myst on Scumm?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Nadarien

Myst on Scumm?

Post by Nadarien »

I don't know how to get Myst to run on Scumm. I copied over all the files that Scumm said I needed to play it, but when I run Scumm and choose the file I saved them in it says that it doesn't detect a game.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Myst on Scumm?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Nadarien wrote:I don't know how to get Myst to run on Scumm. I copied over all the files that Scumm said I needed to play it, but when I run Scumm and choose the file I saved them in it says that it doesn't detect a game.
The most obvious reason would be that support for Myst is still very much work in progress, so unless you're using a development version of ScummVM it would almost certainly be disabled. (The other reason I can think of is if your version of ScummVM isn't capable of displaying 544x332 16-bit graphics, but I don't know if that applies here.)
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Re: Myst on Scumm?

Post by DJWillis »

eriktorbjorn wrote:The most obvious reason would be that support for Myst is still very much work in progress, so unless you're using a development version of ScummVM it would almost certainly be disabled. (The other reason I can think of is if your version of ScummVM isn't capable of displaying 544x332 16-bit graphics, but I don't know if that applies here.)
Scaling is supported on the GPH backend however Myst is not supported in any 'official' ScummVM release yet as eriktorbjorn says so don't expect the GPH devices to support it yet.

Once Myst is more stable and testing is announced for the game I'll build GPH releases with the game enabled.

John