GP2X Wiz: Problem with 1.7.0

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

TimeDevouncer

GP2X Wiz: Problem with 1.7.0

Post by TimeDevouncer »

Hi everyone, first of all sorry for my bad english.

I'm testing the latest version for GP2X Wiz and doesn't works, everytime I launch Scumm 1.7.0, Wiz resets and returns to the menu.

Any help please?

:(
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Hi,

What firmware do you have on your Wiz?

Do you get anything of interest in the scummvm.*.txt files that get created when you run the app (should get created in the folder you have the GPE in).

Unfortunately my only working Wiz is a pre-release unit with a half working screen and duff touchscreen so testing is somewhat challenging beyond the basics of making sure it can launch a few games :).

Cheers,

John
TimeDevouncer

Post by TimeDevouncer »

Hi,

I have the latest firm (1.2.1, Linux 2.6.24 Rev 327).

And the old versión of Scumm (1.2.0) works fine in mi Wiz.

Thanks!
Drumaster

Post by Drumaster »

Hello,

I know that this topic is 1 year old but I confirm that 1.7.0 build does not run on my 2 Wiz (1.2.6 firmware on both of them) as well, it simply returns to the launcher.

Any chance we have a new recompiled 1.7.0 or even a 1.8.1 for the Wiz? :)

I just got this device recently and I have to admit that it's very interesting one, even if homebrew scene seems to be dead now. Too bad only the GCW Zero seems to be still supported among homebrew handhelds.

Thanks.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Hi,

I recently got some PM's on another forum about the Wiz but it makes much more sense to make the offer here.

If someone is willing to test builds and report back I am happy to do some recent builds for the Wiz. I will also do builds for the Caanoo, GP2X and OpenPandora at the same time.

I can't text Wiz builds at all due to a lack of hardware but they share the codebase and hardware with the Caanoo (just compiler and ABI differences) so I suspect the issues should be pretty minor.

Drop me a mail djwillis at this domain and i'll sort some out as it would be good to get known working builds that I can add to the official downloads again and get back into supporting the builds if there is demand.

John
Drumaster

Post by Drumaster »

Thansk DJ, email sent to your address!

I'm ready to test whenever you want. :)
Drumaster

Post by Drumaster »

Hi DJ,

Any news about a working Scumm version on Wiz? I contacted you through different ways but no response.

I guess you are very busy.

Please let us know.
Drumaster

Re: GP2X Wiz: Problem with 1.7.0

Post by Drumaster »

DJ, still no news? Maybe you are too busy? Don't forget I can help testing on Wiz. I can send you one if you want too.

I am waiting for your response. ;)