CycloDS iEvo - 1st DSi mode Flash Kit

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

another world

Post by another world »

davbrwn wrote:
Red_Breast wrote: Of course you could still be correct about firmware between 1.6 and 2.2. Maybe it's just been fixed.
yes, it is fixed
i am using a 4gb kingston class4 msd card formatted with the panasonic formatter. i've updated my ievo to v2.3 (also tried 2.2). when i launch scummvm v1.2.1 build-a i get only two black screens. i've tested in dsi mode, ds-mode, and on the dslite. i've confirmed this behavior with 7 other people so far.

the dsi is actually frozen and i have to hold the power button for 5 seconds to reset the system.

what are you both doing differently?

-another world
another world

Post by another world »

i've conducted more tests, i've contacted some beta testers to help me, i spoke with a few developers, and i got in contact with someone at cyclods.

scummvmds does not currently work on the ievolution.

@davbrwn: you must not be talking about the ievo but the evo.

@Red_Breast: it seems our conversation had some crossed streams! you were talking about the evo and i was talking about the ievo. based on what you said it is working on the evo, which is good to know.

-another world
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

another world wrote:i've conducted more tests, i've contacted some beta testers to help me, i spoke with a few developers, and i got in contact with someone at cyclods.

scummvmds does not currently work on the ievolution.

@davbrwn: you must not be talking about the ievo but the evo.

@Red_Breast: it seems our conversation had some crossed streams! you were talking about the evo and i was talking about the ievo. based on what you said it is working on the evo, which is good to know.

-another world
That's good to know. I have read your previous post, the one before your last one, and I've been meaning to have a look at it again for you but I only have one micro SD card and I've been using it for something else recently.
At least now I don't have to have a look for you. I only have a DS Lite and, like you said, an Evo.
toutenthorax

CycloDS iEvo - 1st DSi mode Flash Kit

Post by toutenthorax »

Hi,

It works with older versions of ScummVM (<= 0.13.1)

I will not be able to run all the games I wanted :(

Still, I could play DOTT and Sam and Max.

Hope the cyclo team will provide their customers with a firmware to run ScummVM 1.2.1 on DSi for instance though the 3DS is the actual big hit.

Please, please...

P.S.1: I run CycloDS iEvolution 2.3 + moonshell 2.10 on DSi v1.4E
P.S.2: Sound issues are fixed by launching scummvm through moonshell
toutenthorax

Post by toutenthorax »

Agentq, do you know why it would work with 0.13.1 and not newer versions?

I have tried to compile scummvm (1.2.0, 1.2.1, 1.3.1) with the latest devkitPro and did not work though 1.3.1 displays the commands menu unfortunately followed by this message: "Blue screen of death data abort!"

I have tried to get the devkitPro in the situation of 0.13.1: around 09.2009 but I am not there yet.

Somebody tried to recompile? According to amaro999, it seemed to work for DSx86
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Hi toutenthorax,

It's been a while!

I'm going to try and get this stuff to work hopefully this week. I'll let you know what I find!

Cheers,

agentq
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Well, it took longer than a week, but I did get round to looking at these issues. Try the new build here:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=13485