[solved] 0.13.1: could not find any game

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Marvin

[solved] 0.13.1: could not find any game

Post by Marvin »

I've copied over ScummVM and the game files (1 game per dir) to my M3 Real. The games (Lure, DOTT, Maniac) ran fine with ScummVM on my PC. But when I add a game on the DS I get

"ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory"

despite all required files for being there. How come?
Last edited by Marvin on Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

Are you sure you are using the right ScummVM build? There are builds A-H included with the DS version. Each support different games.

Here is a list of which games work with which build:

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/#whichgames

Other games are not supported on the DS version due to the lack of enough memory on the DS, or the required screen resolution. However, if you have a SLOT-2 RAM device you can play The Dig and Full Throttle with the version available here:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=7044
Marvin

d'uh

Post by Marvin »

Nice one, completely forgot about it and since the card is formatted with FAT32 only one build was atop the list followed by readme, news etc. so I did not scroll down. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

BTW, one build for all games (except the two that need extra RAM) would be impossible? Also completely resetting from the game launcher back to the card's game launcher so I could start another DS games without turning off the DS isn't possible either?
Flo

Re: d'uh

Post by Flo »

Marvin wrote:BTW, one build for all games (except the two that need extra RAM) would be impossible?
On a regular DS, yes. It might be possible in DSi mode (on a DSi, obviously), if someone ever figures that out.
Marvin wrote:Also completely resetting from the game launcher back to the card's game launcher so I could start another DS games without turning off the DS isn't possible either?
That's a flash card feature. Some cards allow it, some don't.