Expected capacity of 8Gb microsd card?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

katiesam77

Expected capacity of 8Gb microsd card?

Post by katiesam77 »

Hi everyone,

I recently stumbled across scummvm and was eager to get my old games working on DS.

I've managed to get Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2 starting up and have downloaded the 3 adventures that have been made available in the downloads section.

However, my 8Gb card is now almost full and I'm wondering if that's correct or should I be able to fit more than 5 games on it?

Is it anything to do with the size of the Simon WAV files? I've checked the readme's and the forums and various other information but can't follow what I need to do to compress the audio.

Can anyone help?

Katiesam
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Neither game is big enough to fill 8 GB! They each fit on a single CD (650-700 MB). You've got to have something else on there clogging it up. Unless you've got raw WAV files made out of CD audio tracks for the games....but I don't think either of those games had CD audio, did they? Even so they wouldn't be 8 GB big.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Looks like something is wrong if that's all that's on the card.
Try going through each file and see what size it is. You shouldn't need to go through each file.
In Windows Explorer when you open a directory along the top you have info such as file name, type and size. So in your Simon folder you'll have all the files needed and next to each one should be the file size.
I think you could probably fit all 5 games onto 1 CD (700MB)
I can't remember how browsing files and folders works in Linux and I don't know how Apple handles it.
What make and type is the card? Is it CF or SDHC?
katiesam77

Post by katiesam77 »

Red_Breast wrote:Looks like something is wrong if that's all that's on the card.
Try going through each file and see what size it is. You shouldn't need to go through each file.
In Windows Explorer when you open a directory along the top you have info such as file name, type and size. So in your Simon folder you'll have all the files needed and next to each one should be the file size.
I think you could probably fit all 5 games onto 1 CD (700MB)
I can't remember how browsing files and folders works in Linux and I don't know how Apple handles it.
What make and type is the card? Is it CF or SDHC?
The card is an 8gb kingston micro sdhc.

I used the game data list to tell me which files I needed to copy across from the Simon CD roms (there was a WAV file for each game if I remember correctly and it did take quite a while to copy).
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

Like I said find the folder with the game data in it. Connect the SDHC card to your PC, open up the Simon folder(s) and check the sizes of the .wav files.
You can also look at what else is on the SDHC card. Maybe the card was almost full to begin with.
katiesam77

Post by katiesam77 »

Hi thanks for your help, I decided to reformat the card and start again and this time it seems to have worked fine. The card is no longer full :D
another world

Post by another world »

aren't the simon wav files data files and not actually real "wav" files that you can reencode.

someone please post the specifics and correct me if i am wrong.

-another world