ScummVM 0.13.0 builds for release testing [obsolete]

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Ender
Retired

ScummVM 0.13.0 builds for release testing [obsolete]

Post by Ender »

[Please note: These builds are broken. There's no need to download and test them - AgentQ]

Hi all,

If you want to do some testing, there are current SVN builds of ScummVM 0.13.0 available at:
http://sand.enderboi.com/scummvm.zip

Note a Discworld build is not yet included here.
These builds are for testing only, agentq will presumably post official builds when the release testing is complete and the 0.13.0 is tagged.

Cheers,
Ender
tomten

Re: ScummVM 0.13.0 builds for release testing

Post by tomten »

Ender wrote:Hi all,

If you want to do some testing, there are current SVN builds of ScummVM 0.13.0 available at:
http://sand.enderboi.com/scummvm.zip

Note a Discworld build is not yet included here.
These builds are for testing only, agentq will presumably post official builds when the release testing is complete and the 0.13.0 is tagged.
The readme wasn't very chatty... are any bugs from 12b4 fixed, like these <http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6161&start=31>? Or is this just the same code as in 0.12.0b4 but with the main code from 0.13.0? Should we retest all games, or wait for agentq?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

When I saw this post I thought about which of the 'new' games might work on nDS.
Obviously not the second one but are you saying the first Discworld might work on the nDS?
Ender
Retired

Post by Ender »

Unfortunately, although I initially thought I could massage Discworld to fit in the DS. In hindsight, Discworld uses too much memory to currently work on a DS (it allocates about 10Mb on startup).

As 0.13.0 is branched, only certain changes can be made at this point - any optimisation which may allow DW to work on the DS will have to be made in a future release - sorry for the false hope on this one!

- Ender
Red_Breast wrote:When I saw this post I thought about which of the 'new' games might work on nDS.
Obviously not the second one but are you saying the first Discworld might work on the nDS?
Ender
Retired

Re: ScummVM 0.13.0 builds for release testing

Post by Ender »

Hi tomten,

This is based off the main 0.13.0 code - I am not aware of any obvious NDS-specific changes from 12b4. Sorry for the lack of a readme, these were built at a conference for a demo under pretty tight time constraints.

Generally, as 0.13.0 is branched now, this is close to the 'official' binary that will be posted on the website bar any last minute NDS-specific changes.

If a NDS-specific bug is still present in an engine (eg, like Kyra) a fix are unlikely to make it into the 'Official' 0.13.0 NDS build, only into beta builds. I hope this makes sense...

Cheers,
Ender

tomten wrote:The readme wasn't very chatty... are any bugs from 12b4 fixed, like these <http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=6161&start=31>? Or is this just the same code as in 0.12.0b4 but with the main code from 0.13.0? Should we retest all games, or wait for agentq?
MasterLeo

Post by MasterLeo »

hiya! this is my first post here, but is not a very pleasant one - this version of scummvm doesn't work on my R4-SDHC card, with 1.25 kernel.

i've made a folder in the root called ScummVM and put the first two .nds files there (as i only have indy3/4 and fotaq), then when i try to run either of them, both screens start blinking black-white like mad! :shock: it's pretty scary and i have no idea what's the problem. i hope you can do something about it before 0.13 goes official...

and btw, 0.11 works just fine, there is only a minor issue with savestates (for some reason the interface only accepts default file names).

anyway thanks for all the work you have done, playing adventures on ds is pretty cool!
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

There seems to be a lot of confusion with the R4 SDHC cards.
Somebody's made a post in the other thread saying they have no problems with it.
I'm not entirely sure what the problem was. As for your problem all I can think of is maybe the builds don't support SDHC. Do you have a normal SD card to try them with? Does it happen as soon as you try to start one of the .nds thumbs or when you start the actual game?
I have no problems with the builds but my card is just SD 2GB Kingston.
MasterLeo

Post by MasterLeo »

hello!

yes the problem starts as soon as i run either one of the .nds files. pretty much instantly i get a light show on both of my screens. :shock: i'm not sure what's the difference in code but the 0.11 (stable) works fine.

i use a R4 SDHC with a 2GB sandisk card. if you wonder why 2GB.. well i've also ordered one of the R4+2GB card bundles, but have received a R4 SDHC in the package instead. :oops:
still, the card works and it could be a lot worse, like getting a fake (not working) card, so i'm not complaining.

still i hope something can be done with the "lightshow" issue.
SonataFanatica

Post by SonataFanatica »

It seems the 0.13pre doesn't work with Kyrandia 2, it says that the kyra.dat is corrupt - but with 0.12beta4 it worked perfectly!

Also the 0.13pre doesn't show any improvement on King's Quest 4 - which I can't (and never could) get to work on the DS no matter what I try.

Goldrush is also (still) being recognized as a fanmade game and doesn't start.

:(

Still I'm always tensioned when there's a new SVN build! :o
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

SonataFanatica wrote: Also the 0.13pre doesn't show any improvement on King's Quest 4 - which I can't (and never could) get to work on the DS no matter what I try.
You are trying with the AGI version right? I know FreeSCI and ScummVM have merged but I doubt the SCI version will work yet and I don't think it will until sometime after the stable release of 0.13.
tomten

Post by tomten »

Seems DSTT has some problems that weren't in 0.12: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?p=44894#44894
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Hi,

I've tried these builds which Ender posted on these forums without mentioning it to me. And on my M3 Simply they completely fail to boot, as one of the other commenters mentioned.

I don't know whether Ender tested the builds but I don't think they could ever work, there was a nasty bug in the SVN source at the time.

Watch out for a real 0.13.0 build soon.

Ender also commented about Discworld, saying that it would never work. This isn't the case - I had a version of discworld mostly working a few weeks ago, and I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

- Neil