The Feeble Files on NDS

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

iltud

The Feeble Files on NDS

Post by iltud »

Hello everybody (and cheers to Agentq for his work)

I'm trying to play The Feeble Files on NDS without any success.
According to the changelog of ScummVMDS 0.11.0 (Fixed crashes related to OmniTV playback in The Feeble Files), I presume that the game is supported but I didn't find any concrete answer (not mentionned with other AGOS Games).

I have the 4 CDs, french version for Windows. I read some topics here and thera to make Feeble File running : SMK -> DXA, specific WAV encoding, etc...
It works fine on Windows XP (by the way, what a funny game !)

On NDS, I only obtain a black screen. I'm using ScummVM DS 0.12.0beta4 and I use the build "C" (like other AdventureSoft games)

Is the game really supported ?
I tried with sound as mp3 and also as specific WAV (IMA ADPCM, 22050Hz, Mono). Should I try other formats ?
Is there something specific to do ?

Thanks you for your answers.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I'm new to ScummVM on the DS. I don't know what that's about in the readme but the game isn't listed among the playable games list on agentq's web page.
http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/#whichgames
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

The game isn't supported, the DS only has about 4MB of RAM so only the classic classics are supported. From what I've seen of the Feeble Files it needs a lot more RAM than 4MB.

I could be wrong though. I don't own the game so it might be a bit more low-power than I thought.
iltud

Post by iltud »

Hello,

Ok, you're both right.

But, I don't understand why there is a fix in a previous release if the game isn't supported. Deadlock in my brain.

You can see the fix mentionned in the changelog inside this release : http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scum ... p?download

Will be the game soon supported ? I could perhaps help on testing.
Perhaps agentq could explain us ?

(The windows 95 version requires 16Mo RAM but what about on NDS ?)
Vlcice

Post by Vlcice »

The changelog doesn't seem to have been altered from the mainline ScummVM release, so it mentions a number of bugfixes and alterations to games that aren't playable in ScummVM. A few others like I Have no Mouth, and I Must Scream, Broken Sword, Nippon Safes, and Curse of Monkey Island are mentioned in the changelog as well; they're also not compatible.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Vlcice wrote:The changelog doesn't seem to have been altered from the mainline ScummVM release, so it mentions a number of bugfixes and alterations to games that aren't playable in ScummVM. A few others like I Have no Mouth, and I Must Scream, Broken Sword, Nippon Safes, and Curse of Monkey Island are mentioned in the changelog as well; they're also not compatible.
You mean not playable in the DS port of ScummVM, right?
iltud

Post by iltud »

md5 wrote:
Vlcice wrote:The changelog doesn't seem to have been altered from the mainline ScummVM release, so it mentions a number of bugfixes and alterations to games that aren't playable in ScummVM. A few others like I Have no Mouth, and I Must Scream, Broken Sword, Nippon Safes, and Curse of Monkey Island are mentioned in the changelog as well; they're also not compatible.
You mean not playable in the DS port of ScummVM, right?
Yes, Vlcice wrote about the DS port. My Feeble File works (apparently) fine with ScummVM for Windows XP.

Thanks everybody for your answers.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The DS version of Scummvm doesn't support The Feeble Files because the game runs at too high a resolution for the DS screen.

The changelog and readme files included with every port are the same. You need to consult the readme file for the port you're interested in to find out what each port can do.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The DS version of Scummvm doesn't support The Feeble Files because the game runs at too high a resolution for the DS screen.

The changelog and readme files included with every port are the same. You need to consult the readme file for the port you're interested in to find out what each port can do.