OK, let's see if this is possible... need help from experts!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Three-headed Monkey

OK, let's see if this is possible... need help from experts!

Post by Three-headed Monkey »

Hello!

When I first downloaded ScummVM for my Mac, I asked how to get the amiga audio on the first Monkey Island. I supposed that I should've used the original .adf files. However, I was wrong, and I was redirected to a fanpage when some guy had recorded the amiga audio in mp3 format, and I was told that simply swapping those mp3s with the ones in my Monkey PC (CD) would have solved my problem. And it worked!

But now I would really love to play Monkey, on my scummVM DS, with the amiga audio. I just copied the whole folder on my sd card, but the game is slow and sounds really bad. Then I checked the official page:

Cdex can do the conversion very well and I recommend using it to convert your audio files, although any CD ripping software can be used, so feel free to use your favourite program. The format you need to use is IMA-ADPCM 4-bit Mono. You may use any sample rate. All other formats will be rejected, including uncompressed WAV files.

I suppose there lies the source of my problem. I have amiga mp3s but I don't think they've been encoded like that.

Please note that when I play my amiga mp3s through the Moonshell, the sound is crystal clear.

So, anyone can help me?
clem

Post by clem »

I believe you can open the files in Audacity and save them in IMA-ADPCM 4-bit Mono there.
Three-headed Monkey

Yeah, I've seen the other thread and Audacity is the way to go. I have it but unfortunately I'm quite noob - I can't even find "IMA-ADPCM 4-bit Mono" in the options... Is some mac user willing to give me a quick Audacity tutorial?

Also, will compress the audio in this format result in a noticeable quality drop?
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I use Goldwave to encode for ScummVM DS. I don't know about Audacity but with GoldWave it's a simple highlight file, then "File, Save As" and then you open up the drop-down box and the wav format needed is one of many.
Three-headed Monkey

Thanks, it was indeed as easy even on Audacity! Wohoo, portable Amiga Monkey!! :D :D :D