cannot boot on cyclods evolution

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

martymcfly83

cannot boot on cyclods evolution

Post by martymcfly83 »

hey guys im new to ds homebrew and i just got cyclods evolution - its updated to the latest firmware 1.41 and im trying to get scummVM running - but every time i boot it, i've tried most recent versions, it loads up and gives me the button actions on the top screen, and then says:

DLDI Device:
'CycloDS Evolution v1.3'
DLDI Driver Initialised OK!

then stops and thats as far as i go, the touch screen is blank and it just sits there until i get bored and reboot my ds...

any ideas?

thanks in advance
Bowen747x

Post by Bowen747x »

its kinda hard to help as i dont know what youve done but the CycloDS rules and i have never had a problem with it, i also wouldnt screw with the DLDI stuff cuz its all automatic with the CYCLO!!! i recommend getting the latest firmware 1.51 and check for BETAs too :wink:

also you should try the cyclo forums they have a TON of helpful responders
Last edited by Bowen747x on Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
martymcfly83

Post by martymcfly83 »

cool thanks mate yeh i agree that the CycloDS rules - but i have had a few problems (i cant get nesDS to boot either... i just get a blank top screen and a blank bottom screen except for a line across the top with "nesDS" above it on the right side).

I bought the cyclo second hand so i guess there could be something done to it from before... is there a way to like reformat it to factory default or something?

cool thanks i'll check out the forums

cheers.
martymcfly83

Post by martymcfly83 »

hey i reformatted my microSD card and updated the firmware like you suggested and everything works now! so happy man - playing my old lucas arts games on my ds rocks!!
Bowen747x

Post by Bowen747x »

lol nice!