Please help! ScummVM DS 0.12.0 beta4 corrected!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

guybrushthreepwood

Post by guybrushthreepwood »

Hi! Tested LOK 2+3 for some time now on m3real with beta4. Part 2 needs about 7 secs to load, runs very stable and saves and loads in an instant. The only problem I encountered were some minor sound glitches (seems like if there´s too much action on the screen the sound processing just takes a short break).
Similar to P2 is LoK 3. Loads in 16 secs, runs extremely smooth and looks awesome. Save and Load work fine, no sound problems at all (i´m not too far into the game by now though).
Finding the right kyra.dat was a bit tricky too, the one 237KB big finally did the job (looks like Version 32 to me at least that´s what scummvmds said)
All right that´s all for now and once more: thanx so much for bringing my beloved point&click adventures back to my tiny ds-screen.
Luminious

Post by Luminious »

del.
Last edited by Luminious on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Luminious

Post by Luminious »

Oops, nm, found it. It is on the download section but it will say Kyra.dat (182 KB ) which is incorrect. It is actually 237 KB. Ok, time to load it up and give my report on LoK2 and LoK3 soon.

~ Luminious
Last edited by Luminious on Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Luminious

Kyradia 2 and Kyrandia 3 Beta_Test_4 (Talk Version)

Post by Luminious »

Hand of Fate (Talk Version)DS using MicroSD Kyra.dat 237 KB Status report.

Start up - 7 Seconds

Introduction - Plays beautifully, no errors found

Load/Save - Loads and Saves very fast now. Excellent fix from before as before would crash completely on attempting to save the game.

Less stutters than before, speed enhancements to Kyrandia support really did a good number on this.

The voices and the music seem to be in perfect harmony. Voices and music sound good as they should.

Character movement seems normal

** Problems I have encountered **

- Shadowy Blackened Cursor occurs at first reach the title screen and even when you start a new game. This fixes itself when you highlight a direction in game. Once the arrow to exit the house hits, the cursor returns to solid white. Very very minor problem and can easily be ignored

- In the spell book, the [Close] option to close the spell book is below the DS screen. You can barely see the border of [Close]. You simply cannot reach it to close the spell book. No matter how you tinker with your stylus you just cant seem to reach it.

*** Update to Spell book problem: I was able to fix the spell book problem. I held down left trigger and pushed down on the directional arrow on DS to move the screen a bit. Funny, made me laugh how simple it was to fix but someone may find that confusing if they do not know how to do that.

- I figured out that the sound stutter occurs when you "zone" into a new area and usually when regain control of your character being able to move. This tends to happen in all areas you change zones to. Usually this happens after she says a few words or meets a new encounter. The stuttering happens normally with 4 stutters usually before the game normalizes. Bigger encounters, sometimes meeting new people or multiple objects on screen could result in stutters 8-10 times.

Crash - I had a sound stutter complete lock up type crash when I retrieved the spell book from the hallow near the two giant killer plant things. (North and West from starting hut) The crash happened as she said "HEY". When I loaded the game though, it didn't crash for me on the second time.

Crash - Update: In the tunnel with the skeleton tooth simon type game of colors and memory, the game crashes after successfully completing the tooth part with stuttering sounds unable to advance further. This is a Game stopping crash.

Do you think by enhancing the speed further may remove additional stutters?

Hand of Fate is looking good! Thank you for making this possible and for all your hard work.

___________ Malcolm's Revenge (Talk) Version _____________

Start up - 16 Seconds

Introduction - Plays out perfectly now with no stutters or crashes. Before the Kyrandia speed enhancements went into effect, it used to crash 1/4 the way in.

- Here is a serious problem:
Not able to start a new game, crashes at Start New Game after having black screen bottom, mouse icon on top. You see the cursor vanish after 10 seconds and then nothing.

These are (Talk) Versions I played with. I will try non-talk versions here shortly which will most likely will be much smoother.

Thank you for your time. I hope this helps.

- Luminious
tomten

Post by tomten »

agentq wrote:@tomten: Can you repeat the crash in the dungeon?
It hangs when I attempt to use the bottle on the tap of the barrel. Not sure when exactly, but that maneuver is a sure hanger.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

It always crashes when you use the bottle on the tap? That's strange, I have done that many times without a problem. Are you sure your game data is okay?

I'll dig out my DSX at some point and try with that.
tomten

Post by tomten »

agentq wrote:It always crashes when you use the bottle on the tap? That's strange, I have done that many times without a problem. Are you sure your game data is okay?
I know, it sounds weird. I'll do some more testing with other builds/platforms.
Scandal_UK

Post by Scandal_UK »

I've tried out LoTT again and had two issues (although I only ran it once);

1. On the screen with the well, touching the left-hand side of the screen popped up the keyboard (instead of changing to an arrow). Even in hover-mode.

2. Game froze in blacksmith's house while talking to Luthern's mum.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this but I've got a lot of projects that need testing too.. :?

This is definitely improving (I did a lot more before it froze than I was able to before). Before, I could only go between 4-5 screens of the village before it would freeze.

I have to mention that this is an amazing port of the emulator and I'm getting real nostalgic playing this game on my DS! :D
Vlcice

Post by Vlcice »

For a quick update on Inherit the Earth - I recently reformatted my microSD card in Fat16/32k clusters with Panasonic's utility. To my surprise, when I tried them on a whim, all versions of ITE now boot! The DOS and Mac OS X CD versions both freeze near the end of the Dreamers Guild/Wyrmkeep logo, while the classic Mac CD version appears to work fine. ScummVM won't recognize the voices file for it (either on my computer or on the DS), so it plays without voices.

This may be a long shot, but is it possible that the ITE issues have to do with aggressive read speeds from the SD card rather than running out of RAM?
darulaz

Post by darulaz »

Hi, i have a problem with Simon the S. 2
I have copy all files from my CD in a directory of my M3 DS Real :

GSPTR30
ICON.DAT
SIMON2.GME
SIMON2.VOC
STRIPPED.TXT
TBLLIST

And i started SCUMM DS. Then click on the "open"-button and change the correct Simon directory... and then i cant find the game -.- .. whats wrong ?
darulaz

Post by darulaz »

mh.. no idea whats the problem is ?
clem

Post by clem »

Are you sure you use the correct ScummVM build which includes the AGOS engine?
darulaz

Post by darulaz »

i have downloaded the ScummVM DS build.. and copy the files from simon the s. 2 on the ds.

mh.. where can download the AGOS engine ? i have the scummVM build only..
clem

Post by clem »

darulaz wrote:i have downloaded the ScummVM DS build.. and copy the files from simon the s. 2 on the ds.

mh.. where can download the AGOS engine ? i have the scummVM build only..
According to this you need build 'C' for the Simon games. Which version of ScummVM are you using? There should be various builds in the ScummVM version you downloaded.
darulaz

Post by darulaz »

I have this Version for SS2 : DOS CD

And i have this version for SCUMM only : scummvmds0-12-0beta4.zip

How do I find out which version/build it is?