ScummVM 0.12.0beta1 [OBSOLETE]

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

ScummVM 0.12.0beta1 [OBSOLETE]

Post by agentq »

Please test this new beta version of ScummVM, and post your results here. It would be good to know which games you have tested.

If you see problems, please post the details here, and include details of your setup.

Since this is a beta version, full instructions are not yet available, but instructions for use are essentially the same as the previous version, so see the ScummVM DS website at http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com

New Features

- New games supported:
- Lure of the Temptress
- Nippon Safes
- Lost in Time
- The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble (untested)
- Legend of Kyrandia: Book Two: Hand of Fate (runs slowly)
- Legend of Kyrandia: Book Three: Malcolm's Revenge (runs slowly)

- New laptop trackpad style input method

- New option to drag for hover, tap for click, and double tap for right click

- Reorganised options screens

- New top screen scaling options

- The usual round of bug fixes

Supported Games

Build A:
Manic Mansion
Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Loom
Passport to Adventure
The Secret of Monkey Island
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Day of the Tentacle
Sam & Max Hit the Road
Bear Stormin' (DOS version only)
Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise (DOS version only)
Fatty Bear's Fun Pack (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt's Fun Pack (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon (DOS version only)
Putt-Putt Joins the Parade (DOS version only)

Build B:
Beneath a Steel Sky
Flight of the Amazon Queen

Build C:
Simon the Sorcerer 1/2
Elvira 1/2
Waxworks (Amiga version only)

Build D:
Sierra AGI games
Gobliiins 1 - 3
Bargon Attack
Ween: The Prophecy
Future Wars
The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble
Lost in Time

Build E:
Inherit the Earth

Build F:
Kyrandia 1 - 3

Build G:
Lure of the Temptress
Nippon Safes

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/scummv ... 0beta1.zip
Last edited by agentq on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bowen747x

Post by Bowen747x »

Nice work agentq, the new options setup is cool and the scaling options are very helpful. the laptop/trackpad idea is kinda funny, it works fine but i think ill have to get used to it(if i use it). the drag for hover/tap for click idea is really cool cuz its more like a mouse. i was wondering if the picture displaying right/left click could be shut off if we use the hover/tap method.

for the options menu... one extra convenience would be to take the audio options from the start/pause menu(volumes/text/etc) take that out of the start menu and add it to the 'Select' menu/options, just to keep things together.

other then that though, i havent tried your knew additions to the list of games but i can confirm that everything i originally had(dott/monkey/sammax/indafate/gob1-3) is running smoothly with the betas new features... i cant wait for your next release :twisted:
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yeah, it looks like the mouse icon doesn't disappear when it should, I'll take a look at that.

I can't move the other ScummVM options from the main ScummVM options dialog, but perhaps I could put a button on my options dialog which displays theirs. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks for testing, now it would be good if other people posted too!
Shtroodle

Post by Shtroodle »

Thanks for the update agentq. I'll give it a spin as soon as I have some spare time. Keep up the good work!
alexmi6rider

Build differences and Simon the Sorcerer Issue

Post by alexmi6rider »

Hello and thanks for posting this. Can I just ask please what the difference is between Build A, Build B, Build C etc? Also, is Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2 compatible to work on the Nintendo DS Lite now? I have Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2, put them onto my DS and ScummVM said it couldn't find the files whereas I added Monkey Island 1 and 2 and both worked perfectly. I've got Simon 1 and 2 which are XP Compatible versions which I brought about 4 years ago. Thanks for any help you can please provide. Cheers mate!
clem

Re: Build differences and Simon the Sorcerer Issue

Post by clem »

alexmi6rider wrote:Hello and thanks for posting this. Can I just ask please what the difference is between Build A, Build B, Build C etc? Also, is Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2 compatible to work on the Nintendo DS Lite now? I have Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2, put them onto my DS and ScummVM said it couldn't find the files whereas I added Monkey Island 1 and 2 and both worked perfectly. I've got Simon 1 and 2 which are XP Compatible versions which I brought about 4 years ago. Thanks for any help you can please provide. Cheers mate!
Due to memory constraints not all engines will fit in one ScummVM build - look above which build is needed for which game to run. You need Build A to recognize the Monkey Island games, and build C for the Simon games.
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

ive just tried running simon the sorcerer on the new beta
simon is now talking as fast as a chpmunk haha! :D