the folder for beneath a steel sky

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

superfighter

the folder for beneath a steel sky

Post by superfighter »

so beneath a steel sky needs the scummvm-b.nds to boot
i can get a.nds and c.nds to work brilliantly
for some reason b doesnt seem to boot up, it stops at the line DLDI Driver initialised ok!

im using the r4DS, would this mean the patch on this file isnt working correctly?

cheers
tomten

Re: the folder for beneath a steel sky

Post by tomten »

superfighter wrote:so beneath a steel sky needs the scummvm-b.nds to boot
i can get a.nds and c.nds to work brilliantly
for some reason b doesnt seem to boot up, it stops at the line DLDI Driver initialised ok!

im using the r4DS, would this mean the patch on this file isnt working correctly?

cheers
If you DLDI patched the scumm*.nds files yourself, try without patching them (and vice versa).
johnzo

Post by johnzo »

I played through all of BASS on my DS/R4 not too long ago. If it's not a patching/unpatched issue try redownloading the latest version of scummvm ds-b. Sometimes (though rarely) files can get corrupted in transit.
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

hey thanx for replies
ive just discovered that i dont need to patch a b or c to run any games, Scumm DS works out of the box..
i was under the impression you had to since the R4DS driver is there on that site.
just out of curiousity does anyone else here who owns that card not have to patch theres?
johnzo

Post by johnzo »

R4 firmware does auto DLDI patching, so you are right scumm-vm (and all other ds homebrew titles) work straight up. Just copy to your micro SD and you're off to the races. That was what drew me to purchasing the R4, it's easier to get up and running.

If you did patch it, I'm not sure if R4 handles that properly, it might try to re-patch and then cause those errors you were talking about.
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

yeah thats what happened
i patched them when i didnt have to! now i can see why so many people use that flash card!