Sam n Max Golf Problems

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Stevusisdead

Sam n Max Golf Problems

Post by Stevusisdead »

Does anybody have any trouble getting through the gator golf game on Sam n Max on the Nintendo DS. I can´t seem to get past that one part. Other than that the game works perfectly, but when you hit the ball into the water the gators dont move. Does anyone else have this problem?
clem

Re: Sam n Max Golf Problems

Post by clem »

Stevusisdead wrote:Does anybody have any trouble getting through the gator golf game on Sam n Max on the Nintendo DS. I can´t seem to get past that one part. Other than that the game works perfectly, but when you hit the ball into the water the gators dont move. Does anyone else have this problem?
This has been asked before.
The gators won't react when you shoot golf balls.
Either you figure it out yourself (since it's part of the puzzle) or consult a walkthrough.
Stevusisdead

Post by Stevusisdead »

So they dont move but the puzzle still works? I remember the solution, but its hard to tell whats goni on if they dont move. So it is working then?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Crocodiles have no reason to move with golf balls. Perhaps they would move with fish....
Stevusisdead

Post by Stevusisdead »

wow my face is red.
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

tbh that was a reasonable question lol! :D
it would make sense to hit a golfball and if they didnt move youd naturally assume there was something wrong with scumm, since most people have hicups with it :P
clem

Post by clem »

superfighter wrote:tbh that was a reasonable question lol! :D
it would make sense to hit a golfball and if they didnt move youd naturally assume there was something wrong with scumm, since most people have hicups with it :P
Oddly enough these "the game is broken" posts apply mostly to Sam and Max - either the golfball/fish thing or the how-to-control-the-tower thing are posted about (there are even sourceforge bug reports on them submitted if I recall correctly). It's weird considering how many games ScummVM supports and that some riddles seem more illogical than that.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clem wrote: Oddly enough these "the game is broken" posts apply mostly to Sam and Max - either the golfball/fish thing or the how-to-control-the-tower thing are posted about (there are even sourceforge bug reports on them submitted if I recall correctly). It's weird considering how many games ScummVM supports and that some riddles seem more illogical than that.
The tomb in The Dig has caused a fair share of bug reports, too.
johnzo

Post by johnzo »

I ran it a little trouble controlling the rotating restaurant in S&M too, controls were kinda touchy, but I fumbled my way through.

I've had trouble with some other games finding certain items, but usually because of the DS's tiny screen they are only 1px by 6px sometimes, not any fault of the port. ;p
superfighter

Post by superfighter »

haha you need to have played allot of Scumm games to realise that the puzzles and solutions are never logical, sam and max does win out though with its crazyness!