Leisure suit larry questions

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

StimpyX

Leisure suit larry questions

Post by StimpyX »

Hey,
Well, I just got a small question. Is there any way to get around the questions at the beginning of Leisure suit larry? It's pretty annoying, cause even when you are old enough you don't know every.
On the computer the trick was alt+ctrl+x. But sadly there are no alt and ctrl on the virtual keyboard. :(
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Leisure suit larry questions

Post by eriktorbjorn »

StimpyX wrote: Is there any way to get around the questions at the beginning of Leisure suit larry? It's pretty annoying, cause even when you are old enough you don't know every.
I don't know if there's any way to skip them. However, Al Lowe has all the answers on his web page, because "they're only good at identifying someone over age 41 now!!"
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I don't have a way to simulate this keypress at the moment, but it would be easy to add for the next version.
Mona21

Post by Mona21 »

Thanks for taking the time to help, I really apprciate it.
another world

Post by another world »

i'm no where near 41 and i know all the answers. i think it all comes down to your age and how you grew up.

-another world
Last edited by another world on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bowen747x

Post by Bowen747x »

could we ever see the remake version now that we have the extra ram support??
Certifiable

Post by Certifiable »

Bowen747x wrote:could we ever see the remake version now that we have the extra ram support??
From memory that's not the same engine, and would need to wait until FreeSCI gets implemented into SCUMM VM.

(Larry 1 VGA being SCI engine based and all.)

That said, it's no more complex than Sam and Max in design and function, code and directory structure aside.
tomten

Post by tomten »

another world wrote:i'm no where near 41 and i know all the answers. i think it all comes down to your age and how you grew up.
Or how many times you played the PC version back in the day and struggled with the questions... =]
InnocentBystander

Post by InnocentBystander »

agentq wrote:I don't have a way to simulate this keypress at the moment, but it would be easy to add for the next version.
Could you please? This would also allow us to access the cheat to skip past the manual lookup in KQ4 AGI.

(If anyone doesn't know about it, the code is to press Alt-D at the question screen and type MARBLE.)
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

There used to be patches available at Brian Provinciano's GBAGI site to remove the questions from LSL and the manual lookup from KQ4, but his website has disappeared now. It's easy enough to edit the game logic for each game with AGI Studio or WinAGI to remove copy protection, though (if you know what you're doing). I did this for my copies as well as Gold Rush so I wouldn't have to mess with it on my DS or Wii.
InnocentBystander

Post by InnocentBystander »

MusicallyInspired - I could be wrong, but I believe those patches only worked on his own AGI interpreter. I'm pretty sure I tried copying over the patched LSL1 to use with ScummVM and had it still demand I properly complete the test