A question about memory

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kinky_willow

A question about memory

Post by kinky_willow »

Hi all,

Im new to these forums, so firstly i should say hello.....hello!
I am planning to surprise my boyfriend for his birthday ( I have just over a month left as i write this) By getting his favourite games onto Ds for Him, the fantastic monkey islands 1 & 2.

I have just ordered this off Amazon : M3 DS REAL + Rumble Pack + 2 Micro SD card.

So hopefully I will be able to set this up without any major problems.... I havent tried anything like this before :)

The question i have is this:

With a 2 gb card approx. how many games can i fit on it?
I have the white box monkey islands for the PC as well as Sam and Max, Day of the tentacle as well as Flight of the amazon Queen and Beneath the steel sky.

How many do you think i will be able to fit?

Cheers for you help in advance

Kinky
tomten

Re: A question about memory

Post by tomten »

kinky_willow wrote:With a 2 gb card approx. how many games can i fit on it? I have the white box monkey islands for the PC as well as Sam and Max, Day of the tentacle as well as Flight of the amazon Queen and Beneath the steel sky.

How many do you think i will be able to fit?
All of these, no problem.
ExultDominus

Post by ExultDominus »

I found with my M3 Real and games and other stuff (videos and music for my little girl) I was filling up the 2GB quite fast and already am using an 8GB card :)
tomten

Post by tomten »

ExultDominus wrote:I found with my M3 Real and games and other stuff (videos and music for my little girl) I was filling up the 2GB quite fast and already am using an 8GB card :)
Well, assuming this is 2 gibibits,

Code: Select all

4535193 monkey1-pc-vga-floppy\*
    9267195 bass_flop\*
    9386419 monkey2-pc\*
   13887926 dott-pc-flop\*
   15624377 sammax-pc-flop\*
   22677657 fotaq_flop\*
EDIT: Sorry, did some wrong calculations. The total for all games is 75 mebibytes == 600 mebibits. So less than a third of the "2gb" M3 space. This is for the floppy versions of the games, without speech: if your game collection has speech versions, you will use a lot more space (maybe 800 mebibit extra for each game).
Last edited by tomten on Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
ExultDominus

Post by ExultDominus »

Yeah, sorry, didn't want to contradict you in regards of the ScummVM games. I was more aiming for the general usage of the M3 Real, apart from playing ScummVM games.
But @kinky_willow, a 2GB is more than enough at first and I believe this card with preloaded ScummVM games will be a very great present. *I* would certainly enjoy it (especially since I only got The Dig which isn't supported).
kinky_willow

Post by kinky_willow »

Cheers guys
I will try and fit as many as i can on then :)

These forums are very kool by the way, cheers for all the hard work...so idiots like me can actually do this kind of thing!

Kinky