FM-TOWNS on ds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Maxrunner

FM-TOWNS on ds

Post by Maxrunner »

Hi!Im trying to run Zack MCKracken FM-TOWNS on the ds, but the text appears all scrambled up. I've tried without the wav files. So does anyone knows how to run it correctly?

regards,
tomten

Re: FM-TOWNS on ds

Post by tomten »

Maxrunner wrote:Hi!Im trying to run Zack MCKracken FM-TOWNS on the ds, but the text appears all scrambled up. I've tried without the wav files. So does anyone knows how to run it correctly?
Last I tried it, it ran correctly. Please state the exact version of your Zak/flashcart/ScummVM. Also, try it in OSX/Unix/Windows ScummVM to see if it works there.
Maxrunner

Post by Maxrunner »

im using a m3 perfect lite + passcard3 the version of scummvm 0.11.0 build a. the game id is zak.fm.

Also which program should i use to convert the audio files?anyway i only have the files in ogg format......i was wondering if its possible to have decent sound using mp3 ou wav files?i know you have to put it in mono....:(
tomten

Post by tomten »

Maxrunner wrote:im using a m3 perfect lite + passcard3 the version of scummvm 0.11.0 build a. the game id is zak.fm.
1. You're not using the latest ScummVM version; try with that.
2. You didn't specify the Zak language, is it English? (Some German versions of some games have been reported to be problematic IIRC.)
3. You didn't try with OSX/Unix/Windows ScummVM; you don't have access to one of those OS'es?
Maxrunner

Post by Maxrunner »

i will try in windows.....anyway the language is english....

edit: i've tried in windows and its working with the ogg files i tryed in the DS with all files but now its doesnt even start, i assume its because of the ogg files.....

edit2: apparentely its working now, but i want the audio files running. Any advice for decent quality?
Maxrunner

Post by Maxrunner »

Any place where i can get the files already converted for ds?
clem

Post by clem »

Maxrunner wrote:Any place where i can get the files already converted for ds?
no, because that would be piracy
Maxrunner

Post by Maxrunner »

Oh ok, i do own the floppy old version, but i guess its considered a different game....:S