R4 v3 and Scumm VM save question

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vosos102

R4 v3 and Scumm VM save question

Post by vosos102 »

Hi,

Im new to the R4/Scumm VM DS scene...I have a newer R4 (version 3) and I've been getting invalid saves on my games. I searched and saw there are known issues--I tried the SRAM thing and that didn't seem to work. I'm not sure if my problem is related to me being an idiot (likely) or the fact that this v3 kernel is new and not meshing perfectly. Any ideas?
Last edited by vosos102 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

I have moved this to the Nintendo DS forum. With any luck you can get some help there.

I use an older R4 with my old DS to do the odd bit of messing about with ScummVM and find the card solid enough. I have not had any issues with saves I am afraid :(.
vosos102

Post by vosos102 »

Hmm...well there's talk on the internets that the R4 v3 is a fake, and not actually produced by the same folks that make the real R4, so maybe that's my problem. Got a CycloDS on its way...
BOT7

Post by BOT7 »

vosos102 wrote:Hmm...well there's talk on the internets that the R4 v3 is a fake, and not actually produced by the same folks that make the real R4, so maybe that's my problem. Got a CycloDS on its way...
try to rename your savegame files

if the old is written .SAV rename it to .sav

if the old is written. sav renemae it to .SAV

why have you´ve bought the v3? r4 is quite the best nds modul (m3 as example easily gots broken)

unfortunatly r4 is no longer produced :-(
tomten

Post by tomten »

BOT7 wrote:try to rename your savegame files
What's the logic behind this?
BOT7

Post by BOT7 »

tomten wrote:
BOT7 wrote:try to rename your savegame files
What's the logic behind this?
because of the different architecture of bios.
as example: if you get some savegame of a friend from m3 simple - to r4 revolution, you need to rename this files in the way i told you to use it now on your r4 revolution.

i think between r4 revolution and the new m3 real you don´t have to change the files.