ScummVM DS 0.11.1 beta2 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

ScummVM DS 0.11.1 beta2 released for testing!

Post by agentq »

This beta will be the final version, since the source has been tagged (which means no more changes are allowed). Still, it would be good to know if there are major problems with it.

This version contains the following changes since beta1:
- Possibly workaround for buggy DLDI drivers. If your card didn't save properly in previous builds, you should try this one!
- Fix for problems with the DS Options Menu in Elvira
- Fix for hover mode in Elvira/Waxworks

Please post if it works, or if it doesn't.

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/scummv ... 1beta2.zip
Last edited by agentq on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomten

Re: ScummVM DS 0.11.1 beta2 released for testing!

Post by tomten »

md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Thanks md5, link fixed!
vetter_balin

Post by vetter_balin »

I'm not able to start Simon the Sorcerer 1 (german version). I tried the DOS- and Windows-Version but ScummVM can't find the game in the folder.
tomten

Post by tomten »

vetter_balin wrote:I'm not able to start Simon the Sorcerer 1 (german version). I tried the DOS- and Windows-Version but ScummVM can't find the game in the folder.
Does it work with the corresponding Windows/OSX/etc ScummVM?
vetter_balin

Post by vetter_balin »

tomten wrote:
vetter_balin wrote:I'm not able to start Simon the Sorcerer 1 (german version). I tried the DOS- and Windows-Version but ScummVM can't find the game in the folder.
Yes, very well, that's why I posted the question. It worked fine in ScummVM for Linux.
tomten

Post by tomten »

vetter_balin wrote:
tomten wrote:
Yes, very well, that's why I posted the question. It worked fine in ScummVM for Linux.
I don't have any German games. But both simon1-dos-floppy and simon1-win-cd (talkie) work fine. Have you verified your files against the list of datafiles on the ScummVM wiki? Sometimes, in my experience, the OSX/Linux/Windows ScummVM will be more forgiving.
tomten

Re: ScummVM DS 0.11.1 beta2 released for testing!

Post by tomten »

agentq wrote:- Fix for hover mode in Elvira/Waxworks
Works fine now, thanks. I can really recommend this mode for playing AGOS games. No other problems found.

Another thing; when removing or adding a game, on the click that takes you back to the main ScummVM menu (which IIRC is an "OK" button), there's a few-second pause for removing, and a pause for adding which seems to depend on the amount of game files involved (usually a few seconds here as well). Does everyone experience this? I'm not sure whether it was like this in 0.10 and 0.9.

EDIT: When going back to test older versions of ScummVM, it's instantly and painfully obvious what a blessing the software scaler is... =]
vetter_balin

Post by vetter_balin »

tomten wrote:
vetter_balin wrote:
tomten wrote:Does it work with the corresponding Windows/OSX/etc ScummVM?
I don't have any German games. But both simon1-dos-floppy and simon1-win-cd (talkie) work fine. Have you verified your files against the list of datafiles on the ScummVM wiki? Sometimes, in my experience, the OSX/Linux/Windows ScummVM will be more forgiving.
All needed files are avaible, both versions. I have the suspicion that my ScummVM can't find games which are larger than 30-40MB. Same problem occures in Sam&Max, Day of Tentacle (Talkie), Simon2, short: in all large games. All other games (indy, loom, zack, etc.) do work fine.
Could that be the cause? Btw: I use a 2Gbyte microflash in m3ds real.
tomten

Post by tomten »

vetter_balin wrote:
tomten wrote:
vetter_balin wrote:Yes, very well, that's why I posted the question. It worked fine in ScummVM for Linux.
All needed files are avaible, both versions. I have the suspicion that my ScummVM can't find games which are larger than 30-40MB. Same problem occures in Sam&Max, Day of Tentacle (Talkie), Simon2, short: in all large games. All other games (indy, loom, zack, etc.) do work fine.
Could that be the cause? Btw: I use a 2Gbyte microflash in m3ds real.
Maybe this will help:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5225
vetter_balin

Post by vetter_balin »

tomten wrote:Maybe this will help:
No, the linked thread is about the m3 and r4 reader and some very basic questions about ScummVM (which memory card, how to "install" scummvm and so on). I don't have any problems like this. I use the m3ds real which has an automatic dldi-patcher - so this also won't be a problem.
ScummVM works fine in many games that I played so far but not in some particular cases like for instance Simon 1 & 2, Sam&Max and Dott (with speech).
Maybe its a problem of the language-version. Does anybody use the german version of the related games?
tomten

Post by tomten »

vetter_balin wrote:
tomten wrote:Maybe this will help:
No, the linked thread is about the m3 and r4 reader and some very basic questions about ScummVM (which memory card, how to "install" scummvm and so on). I don't have any problems like this. I use the m3ds real which has an automatic dldi-patcher - so this also won't be a problem.
ScummVM works fine in many games that I played so far but not in some particular cases like for instance Simon 1 & 2, Sam&Max and Dott (with speech).
Maybe its a problem of the language-version. Does anybody use the german version of the related games?
These forums have lots of Germans, but they might not read this thread. Search, and/or make a new thread about this.
MajinChibi

Post by MajinChibi »

Every German Game works fine for me (except the german version of Inherit the Earth)

on Nintendo DS Lite + m3 Simply+ 2gb sandisk
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

MajinChibi wrote:Every German Game works fine for me (except the german version of Inherit the Earth)

on Nintendo DS Lite + m3 Simply+ 2gb sandisk
Why? What's wrong with the German version?