Corrupted save games

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

LoudMaximus

Corrupted save games

Post by LoudMaximus »

I'm using a supercard(slot one) and I'm having some trouble saving some of my games.when I try to load a save game it goes straight to the debugger and when i exit it,the game just crashes and all i get is a black screen.this happens all the time in sam and max and happened after awhile in fate of atlantis.I've read that the supercard uses the .ds.gba files but is this only for the slot 2 versions?(I'm using the .ds ones currently by the way)
Any help would be appreciated
LoudMaximus

Post by LoudMaximus »

please has anyone any idea?or even any reccomended dldis that you know work would be helpful
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Many of the Supercards have broken DLDI drivers. There may be a workaround for this that I will try and include in the next version of ScummVM DS, but I can't promise anything, since I haven't written it yet!
LoudMaximus

Post by LoudMaximus »

Ok,thats great thanks for the reply.i'll keep my hopes up then :D until then I'm sure the games that work will keep me going!
cluny

Post by cluny »

LoudMaximus

Post by LoudMaximus »

Thanks Cluny I just tried ur patch there and it works perfectly!thanks amillion,I was worried I'd have to shell out for an R4 :D
FrZ

Post by FrZ »

I have the same problem with my DSlinker, which isn't even listed on the Wiki page :/

Does anyone know where to find a working DLDI driver for this?
emulator

Corrupt save games (Supercard Lite)

Post by emulator »

I am having problems saving when playing both Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis and Monkey Island II using version 11.0 and version 11-1a beta of SCUMMVM. I have the latest Supercard Lite 1.84 firmware.

Saving using a patched (with SCLT DLDI) and renamed .gba (to .nds) file results in the save dialogue box disappearing and the screens reverting back to in game. The whole system is frozen apart from being able to change move the view using the stylus. On resetting the DS and re-loading SCUMMVM, accessing the load menu, an invalid save game is displayed.

Saving using a patched (with SCSD DLDI) and renamed .gba (to .nds) file results in the save process working 50% of the time. Saving always appears to work but when loading the saves message such as 'Error: allocating illegal Glob type Matrix (14) num 32936' frequently occur. Using a SCSD DLDI patched file also causes this problem to in all other games.

The interesting point to note is that saving worked perfectly on Supercard Lite for (SCLT DLDI patched files) in the Scummvm0-10 final version.

This SCUMMVM conversion is great and do keep up the good work AgentQ. Whilst it is disappointing that I can't use the latest version (the screen resolution improvements are certainly better), I do recommend that other Supercard Lite users experiencing similar save problems try using the Scummvm0-10 final version.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Re: Corrupt save games (Supercard Lite)

Post by agentq »

emulator wrote:The interesting point to note is that saving worked perfectly on Supercard Lite for (SCLT DLDI patched files) in the Scummvm0-10 final version.
The Supercard drivers do tend to be some of the more unreliable ones in general. I find it unlikely that saves have broken since 0.10.0a, because I don't remember touching anything to do with saves since that version.

Can you go back and check again that 0.10.0a can save on your card?