ScummVM DS 0.10.0a released!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

ScummVM DS 0.10.0a released!

Post by agentq »

The new stable version of ScummVM DS is now available.

The short list of changes from the last stable version, version 0.9.1a, is:

* New engines supported: AGI, CINE, and SAGA.
* Option to show the mouse cursor
* Word completion on keyboard for AGI games
* Plenty of optimisations
* Numerous bug fixes

Download on the main ScummVM download page:
http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php

More information on the ScummVM DS site:
http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com
Banjo

Post by Banjo »

Thanks for the new version, agentq! You're a legend, helping my dream of Sierra games on the DS to come true! :)
agentq wrote:To enter other function keys, just use shift with the corresponding number key on the virtual keyboard. No, I know that isn't very obvious!
This is my first chance since my last post to play some ScummVM on the DS, and was thrilled to read your reply about the function keys in the previous beta2 topic (does that mean there's no inventory/TAB key, though?)... however, for the life of me, I can't get the shift-number key combo to work as an F-key!

I'm trying to do it in build d (in either SQ1 or Bargon Attack... yes, I know you can press start, but I wanted to see if it was only Sierra AGI that caused the problem).

Now, unless I'm mad, I'm assuming the little arrow key on the far left of the virtual keyboard is the shift key (on the beta1 version, it just closed the virtual keyboard, but in beta2 and the newest 10a, it actually types a capital letter when used with a letter key). The arrow with theletter above it is caps lock, right? And the lower one is shift?

So, I tap shift, then the number... and it seems to me that it works like NUM lock, since it moves the character onscreen (in the same way I used to play AGI games using the numeric keypad)!

If I tap 'caps lock' (above it) then a number, it just types the number as normal in the parser, so I'm sure I'm hitting the right buttons... I'm just darned confused right now what I'm doing wrong here, for such a simple little thing! :)
Last edited by Banjo on Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yeah, you're right. It works in some places, but not others. For example. Pressing Shift-1 will work to start Bargon Attack, but it doesn't work in some other places.

I'm hoping those keys aren't essential to get through any games.
mobad

Post by mobad »

I just put the ds.gba version of scummVM DS on my G6 Lite and I patched it with the latest DLDI driver (0.19). When I boot it I see the little control help page on the top screen and I says it found my DLDI driver but there is nothing on the bottom screen just a black screen. I have Day of the Tentacle in the root of my flash card in a folder called... Day of the Tentacle. Can anyone help me?
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

try using the .nds file
scummvm.drunkencoders.com wrote:either the .nds, or the .ds.gba version depending on your card reader. I think only Supercards use the .ds.gba files
mobad

Post by mobad »

Hmm weird for whatever reason after I copied it to the flash card again and patched it worked... maybe a bad patch. Thanks
ccosmos

Post by ccosmos »

Great job agentq !
This one works on ezv with wav file now. ;)

Merci beaucoup. 8)
Banjo

Post by Banjo »

agentq wrote:Yeah, you're right. It works in some places, but not others. For example. Pressing Shift-1 will work to start Bargon Attack, but it doesn't work in some other places.
Thanks for confirming I'm not going nuts! :) Yes, F1 seems to be the only F-command that works right.
agentq wrote:I'm hoping those keys aren't essential to get through any games.
They MIGHT be in a couple of Sierra games, actually... I seem to recall a few having "press F* to ***" moments (eg. monitor screens), though I'm not 100% sure, but I'm playing a few through again so will let you know.

Not having them will certainly make one or two games MUCH harder, however (esp. SQ1... I'm not up to that bit yet, but no F6 "quick shoot" button or F3 "retype previous command" button will likely mean some VERY fast typing is required for combat aboard the Deltaur!)

The start=escape and b=enter really are useful, however!

EDIT: Still not up to the Deltaur yet, but from a SQ1 walkthrough I quickly checked out for that bit: "From here, you need to use the arrow keys along with the F6 button to enter the digits". :(
Kicklighter

Post by Kicklighter »

Hi,

You must have read all about it great job ... indead that's what you have done, but where is the SegaCD mode? Is there any change that it gone be released ever or is it gone be an vague dream that only excist in my head..I know...I'm talking redneck kind-alike but I was only hoping that this release would had this nice feature..I'm no fortune-teller but maybe in the near future it will be accomplisched?

Paul
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

As regards the Sega CD mode, this wasn't something that could be added so late in the beta process.

There are many problems with adding such a mode:

1) I don't have a comprehensive list of keys that this mode requires.
2) I don't know a way of detecting whether the game being played is the SegaCD version or not
3) If I was to implement something, I can't test that it works, as I don't have the SegaCD version of Monkey Island.

So it's going to be pretty tough unless I get more info on it.

Also - don't nag the developers of ScummVM. They are doing this in their spare time. I don't have a lot of spare time, and I will usually not spend too much time writing a feature that a tiny minority of users will ever use.
sicher

0.10.0a - Assertion failed on G6DS

Post by sicher »

I'm getting:

Assertion failed: '##s##' at file /home/neil/rel10a/release-0-10-0a/backends/platform/ds/../../../common/str.cpp, line 57
Assertion failed: '##s##' at file /home/neil/rel10a/release-0-10-0a/backends/platform/ds/../../../common/str.cpp, line 67

This happens both when I have a clean install and there's a scumvm.ini created for me (which is empty), and when I start up with that empty scummvm.ini after that.

/Mikael
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Re: 0.10.0a - Assertion failed on G6DS

Post by PsYcO »

sicher wrote:I'm getting:

Assertion failed: '##s##' at file /home/neil/rel10a/release-0-10-0a/backends/platform/ds/../../../common/str.cpp, line 57
Assertion failed: '##s##' at file /home/neil/rel10a/release-0-10-0a/backends/platform/ds/../../../common/str.cpp, line 67

This happens both when I have a clean install and there's a scumvm.ini created for me (which is empty), and when I start up with that empty scummvm.ini after that.

/Mikael
your getting that on your ds? why do you have some many folders and trees?

also, whats the.cpp files about? when i run scummvm on my ds i only have .nds files, with the game data.

what game are you running?

and have you patched your rom?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

This looks like a problem with the DLDI. The ini file should never be empty.

I've never heard of the G6DS, but if it's new the DLDI might have some bugs to work out.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Re: 0.10.0a - Assertion failed on G6DS

Post by DrMcCoy »

PsYcO wrote:your getting that on your ds? why do you have some many folders and trees?

also, whats the.cpp files about? when i run scummvm on my ds i only have .nds files, with the game data.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assertion_%28computing%29

The "/home/neil/rel10a/release-0-10-0a/backends/platform/ds/../../../common/str.cpp, line 57" is put there at compile time. When a certain statement isn't true at the time that code is run, it aborts telling where the statement was in the original source.
sicher

Post by sicher »

agentq wrote:This looks like a problem with the DLDI. The ini file should never be empty.

I've never heard of the G6DS, but if it's new the DLDI might have some bugs to work out.
Strange. Previous versions ran okay without this problem.

/M