DS-Xtreme support?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tomten

DS-Xtreme support?

Post by tomten »

Anyone knows about DS-Xtreme support?

Maybe this is related: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=10149 ("Video: DS-Xtreme Running Non Specifically Compiled DSOrganize!")
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

We have to wait and see once it's out. The DS-X team claims they highly support homebrew...
tomten

Post by tomten »

MetroidPrime wrote:The DS-X team claims they highly support homebrew...
There's a thread at the DS-X forum: http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showthread. ... ight=scumm

With some unalledged rumours:
http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showpost.ph ... stcount=11
noisehole

Post by noisehole »

MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

In the DS-X review at GBATemp they report ScummVM DS to be working with it. But they don't mention if they tried the ZIP-method or the direct-method.
noisehole

Post by noisehole »

reviewer:
I've only tested the un-compressed ZIP'd game method with ScummVM. If you want to to test any other method, let me know how to do it, and I'll try it and let you know.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

noisehole wrote:reviewer:
I've only tested the un-compressed ZIP'd game method with ScummVM. If you want to to test any other method, let me know how to do it, and I'll try it and let you know.
Well, I just sent him am Email to let him know :D

Will report back once he answers.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

OK, I got a reply from the DS-X reviewer:
Just tested it as you said. The .ds.gba file didn't work - you need to use the .nds one.

Tried 0.61 and it works fine. Copied over the unzipped Beneath folder and ScummVM found it and seems to play it fine! Saving works fine, but there is a slight 2 second freeze when creating the save but this might be normal? I'm not sure.

Turning the DS off and removing the DS-Xtreme, then putting it all back - save is still there. You can see them in Windows Explorer when connected.

Music, sound works with no noticeable slowdowns.

0.9.1 B and C work, but the icon appears corrupt in the DS-Xtreme Apps menu but the programs only get as far as "Flash card reader not found" nothing on touch screen?

Hope this helps!
So 0.61 seems to work perfectly on DS-X, where the beta has problems. agentq, what do you think?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

There is no way they can reliably patch all homebrew. When they provide a test unit and a driver, it will be supported. Until then, it won't.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

If you post in the following thread for homebrew developers, they'll send you a DS-X:

http://forums.ds-xtreme.com/showthread.php?t=150

:D
noisehole

Post by noisehole »

just saw your request for a promotional unit at the dsx forums, agentq

i think scummvm has very good chances in getting one, so good luck

keep us posted as info on the homebrew stuff is pretty limited for the dsx. i wonder if they really emulate a gbamp
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

noisehole wrote:just saw your request for a promotional unit at the dsx forums, agentq

keep us posted as info on the homebrew stuff is pretty limited for the dsx. i wonder if they really emulate a gbamp
If any homebrew developer deserves a unit, it's definitly agentq for ScummVM DS. It's the best homebrew app for DS!
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

MetroidPrime wrote:
noisehole wrote:just saw your request for a promotional unit at the dsx forums, agentq

If any homebrew developer deserves a unit, it's definitly agentq for ScummVM DS. It's the best homebrew app for DS!
ScummVM really rocks. It brings so many classic games to the DS which really look and feel great on it. With most of the games like DOTT and Sam'n Max being games that should be ported in the first place by their original developers as they are so cool games. Great job on the port of scummVM agentq!
amoult

Post by amoult »

Tested Version 0.9.1beta6 on ds-x.

Indiana Jones Fate of atlantis (talkie) loads up correctly.. seems to play ok.
-saving woks. I can see save files if plug ds-x to my pc.

Problems:
-Minor graphical clitches - does not affect game play.
-Speech doesn't work (music is ok). I have speech selected from options.
-Loading savefile gives following error:
Out of memory while allocating 1778384234
(If I change default save path somewehre else, loading gives just blank screen and no error)

Save & load was OK in version 0.61

Any Ideas how I could get speech to work?

I have files on card as descriped below:
\apps\scummvm-a.nds
\apps\fate_of_atlantis\ (I just copied all files from game i.e. no zip method used)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

There is no support for DS Xtreme in ScummVM DS. If they say they can run unpatched homebrew, and it doesn't work, perhaps you should ask them why?

Although, for your speech, I would imagine you're using compressed speech in a format ScummVM DS doesn't support. Use the original uncompressed speech.