New test version - For all card readers

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

New test version - For all card readers

Post by agentq »

Hi,

There is a test build for all flashcards here with the M3 initialisation moved to the end, only if no other flash cards are detected. If this doesn't work, I will have to write a menu to select which card is present.

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/scummvm-flashtest.zip

Please test it on all flashcard readers and post your results ONLY IN THIS THREAD. This build only contains the A version of ScummVM. If you don't have a game which runs on th A build, you can download a demo from the downloads page on this site.

Please post a message if it works for you. If I only get posts from people who find it doesn't work, I will have to assume it doesn't work and not use this driver!

I'm especially interested whether it fixes the problems with SC CF, and SC SD, and whether it still works on M3 SD/MiniSD/lite (it's very possible it won't like being initialised last).

If you don't know how to run this, please ignore this build and post in one of the other threads.
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

M3 MiniSD 2nd version, it hangs after the zip file check.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Ok, fair enough. So the menu is the only way.

It's still worth seeing whether SC SD, and SC CF are fixed in this release though.
kedest83

Post by kedest83 »

i think a menu would be a nice solution.
and/or perhaps a config file that lets users select the driver they need?
FiSHBoY

Post by FiSHBoY »

Yep, unfortunately it's stopped working on the M3 lite w/ this build, as well. (Hang after zip check.)
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

Works on SC CF :)
chrisis

Post by chrisis »

I can confirm. it works on Supercard CF!
thebawp

Post by thebawp »

I can confirm this version works with Supercard SD. There is a slight delay after the zip check, but other than that it seems to be working very well. Tried it with MI 1 & 2 and Zak McKracken, and all appear to be in good working error (save/load files, no crashing when B is pressed etc.)
caw

Post by caw »

Got my new Supercard Lite with Micro SD Cards today so checked current builds with it.

Beta2 (version I was currently using) works fine.
Beta4 didn't seem to work. Stopped at Zip check section.

But thankfully, both versions of flashtest work. The .nds file and the .gba file which I renamed to .nds as for previous builds.

All were patched with moonshell patcher.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

I can confirm... Not working on m3 mini v2
Mortys

Post by Mortys »

Works perfectly on SC Lite after patching. Only got a black screen on saving (one time).
Great Work
AgentQ
werpu

Seems to work

Post by werpu »

on my super card mini sd.

very well, the sound glitches seem to be gone which have plaqued the beta 2, excellent job.
werpu

Post by werpu »

agentq wrote:Ok, fair enough. So the menu is the only way.

It's still worth seeing whether SC SD, and SC CF are fixed in this release though.
Dont think a menu is needed since m3 seems to be the only problem..
how about your old suggestion of having a switch to the m3 drivers on button press?
Kaervos512

Post by Kaervos512 »

<M3 Lite (SanDisk Fat32 microSD), v29 firmware>

It also freezes for me after the zip file check. =(

Looks like an option for flashcart type is in order.

Its really unfortunate that supporting M3 flashcarts cause such issues with homebrew. After this fiasco, I can really understand DragonMinded's pain. :?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The problem with the menu idea is that several of the supported cards (GBAMP, MMD) don't have SRAM, so there would be no way of saving the setting for which driver to use, meaning they would have to select the driver on each boot. I would like to avoid this (just for my own sanity!)

So since it's only the M3 which can't be detected properly, I will be implementing a button press to enable M3 detection. It will then attempt to save the setting in SRAM, so once you've booted up with the button press it should remember the setting, and you shouldn't need to hold the button on boot again unless you want to turn the M3 detection off again.

I can well understand DragonMinded's pain with the FAT drivers. When you're writing an app like DSOrganise or ScummVM DS, you want to spend the time writing the app, not fidling with flash readers. The frustration isn't helped by endless email from people who've bought some random flash cards that don't support homebrew and expect me to magically be able to get ScummVM to work on it.