Version 0.9.1beta3 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SmaMan

Post by SmaMan »

I've been using scummvm-b to try to play Beneath a Steel Sky. When I go to add game, I go to the directory of the .zip file (mp:/games/bass) But it says it can't find a game in the specified directory. I was getting this same problem when I was trying this with 0.61. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

You're using the direct read method, you don't need to use a zip file. Just put the BASS files in the folder.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I would be interested to hear of anyone with a normal M3 SD, to see if they can save properly.
bwmat

Post by bwmat »

Here's the contents of the zip file i used:

I actually deleted track 16 because with it the .nds ended up 34 mb, but The music doesn't play anywhere, so that shouldn't be a problem. And as i said, everything (but saving :( worked perfectly in .61 with the same exact files, except not using the zip method.) Hope that helps.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yeah, running CD audio from a zip was never tested, so I'll have to go back and check it out.
Xian

Post by Xian »

No luck here on a M3-MiniSD. When I executed the *a.nds file it hung after creating .ini. On restart the Ritek 1GB MiniSD card was corrupt with only about half of the files readable in the root directory. I ended up having to reformat the card to make it usable again.

I think I am going to stick with running them in the PC version or in DOSBox for the time being and wait until the SD support in the DS port is more finalized.
Kaervos512

Issues with various Lucas Arts games:

Post by Kaervos512 »

Using an M3 Lite with Passcard 3, I'm having little luck actually running games. I have no problem loading scummvm-a.nds. I can get in and add the various games I have without issue. Running them is a different story. I am not using the ZIP method. Here is how things go down in different games (that all run fine on Windows SCUMMVM with default settings):

Maniac Mansion - Runs great without music

Day of the Tentacle - Black screen, freezes.

Monkey Island - Game starts, title music begins, but before anything appears on screen, drops out with
(10:149:0x59): Room 10 missing object code block(s)
Monkey Island 2 - Immediately drops out with
(0:1:0xF8): Invalid actor 26 in o5_putActor
Loom - Game starts, allows me to select proficiency level, but as soon as I click the proficiency level I want (it makes the selection noise) it drops out with
(69:44:0xC8): Invalid actor 50 in o5_putActor
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Game starts, Lucasfilm logo appears (very briefly), but before any music plays, it drops out with
Player::send(): Invalid control change 71
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Game appears to start, but before anything appears, it drops out with
(0:18:0x17): findObjectInRoom: Not enough image blocks in room 98
Sam and Max Hit the Road - Game appears to start, small rectangle appears in upper screen, and it immediately drops out with
(0:1:0x538): findObjectInRoom: Not enough code blocks in room 1
I tried these games using all default settings. If I have different luck after adjusting some settings, I'll report back here with details.
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

Same problem here with M3 Lite but when i play Maniac Mansion and Zak McKraken i can't see the character but it's fully playable, i don't know if this will be helpful.

ZRV
Kaervos512

Re: Issues with various Lucas Arts games:

Post by Kaervos512 »

Kaervos512 wrote:Using an M3 Lite with Passcard 3, I'm having little luck actually running games. I have no problem loading scummvm-a.nds. I can get in and add the various games I have without issue. Running them is a different story. I am not using the ZIP method. Here is how things go down in different games (that all run fine on Windows SCUMMVM with default settings):

Maniac Mansion - Runs great without music

Day of the Tentacle - Black screen, freezes.

Monkey Island - Game starts, title music begins, but before anything appears on screen, drops out with
(10:149:0x59): Room 10 missing object code block(s)
Monkey Island 2 - Immediately drops out with
(0:1:0xF8): Invalid actor 26 in o5_putActor
Loom - Game starts, allows me to select proficiency level, but as soon as I click the proficiency level I want (it makes the selection noise) it drops out with
(69:44:0xC8): Invalid actor 50 in o5_putActor
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Game starts, Lucasfilm logo appears (very briefly), but before any music plays, it drops out with
Player::send(): Invalid control change 71
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - Game appears to start, but before anything appears, it drops out with
(0:18:0x17): findObjectInRoom: Not enough image blocks in room 98
Sam and Max Hit the Road - Game appears to start, small rectangle appears in upper screen, and it immediately drops out with
(0:1:0x538): findObjectInRoom: Not enough code blocks in room 1
I tried these games using all default settings. If I have different luck after adjusting some settings, I'll report back here with details.
Just FYI, I can play all these games without problems on the stable v0.61 release.
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

Be sure to also state if you are running the talkie version or the non-talkie version in your error reports.
Kaervos512

Post by Kaervos512 »

mkygod wrote:Be sure to also state if you are running the talkie version or the non-talkie version in your error reports.
In my previous error report, all games are the non-talkie versions.

Thanks for letting me know whats helpful. I'm eager to see this new version out since the v6 doesn't properly support my m3 lite microSD. All the new features sound exciting too. =)
apoc_reg

Post by apoc_reg »

Hi Agentq,

Can i first say that to learn of ScummVM DS was a very pleasent surprise and im very grateful (been using the PC scumm for ages)!!!

Im using a DS lite with an M3 lite, Passcard and a 2GB sandisk micro SD card.

I first tried the 0.61 release to run BASS (talkie version) and it works absolutely perfectely with scummvm-b.nds... apart from the fact i cant save (sometimes it tells me it has but on restarting scumm it isnt there when i go to load other times it just crashes). I saw on here its a known problem so i tried the beta 3 release.

Unfortunatly the sound and picture becomes currupt when using this beta 3 version, if i start BASS the sound will start corrupting during the intro and the screen will go into black and white snow before the intro is over.

Oh and with both versions i used gamemanager to transfer the them to my m3. and my M3 lite software is v.29

Any ideas?

Thanks again mate
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

apoc_reg, do you mean to say the talkie version was working fine on 0.61? Because most people complained that it didn't work at all on the M3 lite.

So it looks like this new M3 driver is no better than the old version, in which case M3 users will just have to use the Zip file method. That's probably enough bug reports for the M3 lite for now. I know enough to know that it doesn't work.
apoc_reg

Post by apoc_reg »

Absolutely fine yes full music sound frame rate and the controls working great too

ive only played up until when you get out of the furnace room as theres little point going to far when you cant save

the version of BASS talkie i used was a free download that seemed to have scumm pc built into it if thats any help to why it worked??

I read about changing a value to make it save to flash rather than sd card, could that help me save? if so how do i do that!

Thanks again
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

It had ScummVM DS built into it? I would be interested to hear where you got that from.

You can make the game save to SRAM rather than the flash card. Just put the following in your scumvmb.ini file

Code: Select all

[ds]
forcesramsave=true
It won't stop the crashing when you save in some locations, though that is fixed in any of the new beta versions.

I would try beta2 to see if it help you, since that had the same M3 driver as 0.61.