Version 0.9.1beta2 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

darkmage136

Post by darkmage136 »

I loaded scummvm (b build), it saved an ini file, booted up FOTAQ, played for a while, then decided to save. I rebooted, and scummvm didn't load up (it even said found flash card at the top). So I checked my SD card, deleted the scummvmb.ini file and realized that it couldn't be deleted; it would always reinsert itself for some reason. Maybe it's just me, but the ini file was corrupt (luckily nothing else on my card is corrupt). BTW, I'm using M3SDslim with a Patriot 2 GB SD card. Did anyone else with a M3SD experience this problem?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

knickles896: Beta2 was released without being able to test the MMD driver. Now I've got my MMD I've been debugging it, and I've got it nearly working. Since the MMD doesn't have any hardware at all inside it (it's basically just a socket for a CF card connected to the GBA port) the detection for the reader detects the card rather than the MMD, so I could well understand getting different results for different cards.

tlv:
If there is a working driver in Moonshell, then I will take a look at that and put their driver in ScummVM. In the past, Moonshell was using gba_nds_fat like me, so if it still is, it won't be a problem.

Nope, that control method isn't in the docs, simply because I forgot, but pretty much every other control is listed on the website.

Apart from fixing the problems with the colours, I don't remember making any changes to the readability of the text in the frontend at all, even in 0.61. There may have been a change before that because the font changed at some point. I'm sure I will look at the in-game text again to see what I can do about it.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

darkmage136: Both M3SD and SCSD driver cause corruption on the card from time to time, that's just the state the drivers for those cards are in. Back up anything important before you run ScummVM on the card. If it's really bad, you can use the GBA SRAM method which is safer but less flexible.
palyons

Post by palyons »

Here are a couple of glitches for 0.9.1 Beta 2 for you agentq:
Sometimes while playing games (so far only tested with Day of the Tentacle CD version with the monster.sou file compressed as an so3 file) The game works wonderful! I was able to beat it using the emulator last night too.

Anyway, the first of which I noticed was that the screens get all distorted when the game quickly moves from one scene to the next, it only happens in a couple of places, but here's the examples: When Hoagie washes the car in colonial times, and at the part with Laverne at the end of that chapter, when the judges walk back and forth between the two screens, it's very easy to see how the screen gets distorted, but it corrects itself soon after.

Also, another bug, I find this one to be a little more odd. There were about two or three random times throughout the game, after a while the menu for Day of the Tentacle would stop working normally. Whereas if you clicked on Give, Lookat, Talk To, or any other option on the screen, it would use the Use command by default instead. I had to physically turn off the DS and restart the game to fix it. Not sure what to make of this last one.

Anyway, those are the glitches I was able to find, hope they help. Keep up the good work!

Edit: I'm using an M3 Adapter CF model, with a Ridata 8gb CF card. Nintendo DS Original.
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

In Kyrandia when I get out of the temple, go down and then go right (in the cliffs escenary) the game freezes and i can do nothing. Am I the only one? By the way, i'm using a M3 Lite.

Besides, when I try to make run the Loom FM TOWNS with the audio wave files I got an error in the console that says: "failed to open ds:/loom//track2.wav" why the double slash?

ZRV
imantor

Post by imantor »

Using a SC lite and Scumm locks up after it tells me that the flash card reader is not found. I can't get past that part.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

zeravlam, can you send me a Kyrandia save just before the crash? Have you tried doing the same actions on ScummVM on the PC?
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

Well i just tried again and it didn't crash...there. Later i tried again going to the right in another place and it freezed...so i think it doesn't depend of where you are...maybe it's just random...The game seems to work, the animations run, the music doesn't stop... but i can't move the character. This happens when i click several times in the right border in order to go to the right. It doens't happen in the ScummVM PC Version. Maybe you can put an mouse-icon like in Sam & Max so we could know if we can go to the right or if we have some object in the hand, like in the PC version.

Thanks =)

ZRV
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Are you sure you weren't in hover mode by hitting d-pad up by mistake?
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

Maybe it could be, because i moved the screen in order to click the right border. Anyway it didn't happen again. Thanks for replying.

Any advice about the Loom FMtowns problem? =)

ZRV
imantor

Post by imantor »

I've been messing around with the beta for the day and so far so good on, maniac mansion, sam and max, and monkey island.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

Good to see MP3 support back in beta2. Great work agentq :D
imoroz

Post by imoroz »

Hi!

So I tried to launch this version on M3 SD. (M3 is simple, not mini, SD is San disk 1Gb).
I loaded scummvm-a/b/c.nds using M3 manager v28. So, when I launched scummvms (using "start" key) the message "Flash card reader not found" appeared. Thus its doesn't works :(.

p.s. in older versions (0.6xxx) it works but scummvm tried to create .ini file at every launch but produced nothing. Also I can't save in FOTAQ (I pressed "yes" in save menu and when I opened load menu I couldn't find my save).
mkygod

Post by mkygod »

Question: When the scummvm console load screen comes up, for me, it says Scummvm version "0.9.1beta1" when it was the beta2 that i copied to the card. Do you guys get this too? or did i do something wrong.
Phil :: CSF

Post by Phil :: CSF »

I'm not sure if it's been implimented yet, but is there reading/writing from directories on the M3 MinSD v2 yet?

I'm trying to use version A of the latest beta, incliding the .nds, .ds.gba, renamed .ds.gba, patching it through the M3 game mamager, the lot. Every single time, it always freezes on 'Zip File Check... Not In Use!'. The zip-file method does work, but I only really want ScummVM to play one game, and that's Sam and Max Talkie.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! =]