Version 0.9.1beta1 released for testing!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The FlashAdvance Pro doesn't have this problem and it uses the zip method. It seems to be just the G6.
jelbo

Post by jelbo »

I'm having a weird problem using the beta with my G6 Lite. Previously I could run 0.61 fine with Sam & Max: Hit the Road and Day of the Tentacle. I put those game files inside 2 different dirs (SMHtR and DotT), zipped it using WinRar with no compression to scummdata-a.zip. Then using builddata-a.bat I made scummvm-a-withdata.ds.gba which I renamed to ScummVM DS <date>.nds. I then copied it to my G6 Lite using U-Disk Manager 4.4 using Directly Copy and all other options turned off.

I did exactly the same with 0.9.1 beta. It boots fine, zip file is OK. It writes the .ini file. I can add games and change the config (which I don't). But then, when I start a game (any of the two), my DS Lite just shuts off. Really, off, no battery light or anything.

I'm using a G6 Lite 4G English version purchased about 2 weeks ago. My Japanese DS Lite is flashed with FlashMe v7 for DS Lite.

BTW, It's very cool to see the 200% scaling option is implemented :D Shame I can't enjoy it yet, but that's my bad for buying a G6 Lite (and the stoopid team behind it that won't release proper drivers :x)
wilcd

Post by wilcd »

lastest scumm is not workingo n ninjads... please remove DISC_INSERTED from your code so it can work ... it's not making anything and it makes the code dont detect the ninjads unit

add the IF in FAT_InitFiles so the ninjads can be detected

if you want you can send me recompiled build to support@ninjads.com and i'll test it

NINJA TEAM
greets
http://www.ninjads.com
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

jelbo, if you try exactly the same zip file with 0.6.1, does it work then?

Because I don't think Sam & Max and DOTT together would be under 30Mb.

wilcd, thanks for the tip, I'll check the code out and send you a version to test.
jelbo

Post by jelbo »

agentq wrote:jelbo, if you try exactly the same zip file with 0.6.1, does it work then?

Because I don't think Sam & Max and DOTT together would be under 30Mb.
Yeah, I used the same zip with 0.6.1 and that works. BTW, Maniac Mansion was in it too, I forgot. Here's how the files are in the zip:

\DotT\
TENTACLE.000 7.932
TENTACLE.001 10.049.341
TENTACLE.SOU 3.830.653

\MM\
00.LFL
01.LFL
etc.
52.LFL

\SMHtR\
SAMNMAX.SM0 9.040
SAMNMAX.SM1 13.358.842
SAMNMAX.SOU 2.256.495

The .zip is 28,3MB (29.753.459 bytes)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

There was previously (and probably still is) a problem sometimes when zips are modified after they are created, because of my rather simple zip reading code. If you have some time, perhaps you can try unzipping your file and zipping the contents up again.

One thing you could also try is using Winzip rather than WinRAR, for the same reason (my zip reading code isn't very robust)

It would help me track down what the problem is.

Although if the same zip file works in 0.61, then this is clearly not the problem...
zeravlam

Post by zeravlam »

I have a M3 Lite and I'm having the same G6 users' problem. Besides, I can't play any Lucasarts games with this new version, it always turns my Ds Lite off...

ZRV
wilcd

Post by wilcd »

i¡'ve seen you made a new version but ninja is not there yet ,,,did u make the change i told u ?

greets
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Not yet, it's being worked on.

I'll send you a copy when it's done.
wilcd

Post by wilcd »

please give me the lastest source ,,and i'll make it in 5minutes

greets
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The Source is in ScummVM's Sourceforge SVN repository.

EDIT: Make sure you get branch 0-9-0!