Nintendo DS Port?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Vachu

Post by Vachu »

Ok, thanks for your quick reply. But I still don't understand how the limit is only for the Flashcart method. I mean, doesn't the GBAMP method or the M3 method also use the GBA slot to function? Doesn't that also limit those method to the GBA cart bus? I'm a little confused here.

If the limit is imposed because of the zip file method, could there be a method that doesn't require zipping but can still read the stuff in a custom folder of a Flashcart? As anyone experimented with that?

Thanks again.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

When reading directyly from a CF/SD flash card, the card is used as a block device, where a block of data is read into a buffer in the CF/SD card and read out a byte at a time using memory mapped I/O.

The flash cart method uses GBA ROM space to map the entire data of the game into the 32Mb usually used for a GBA game.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Congradulations on becomeing an official port, and for becomeing part of the team. Now i just need the tools (max media launcher, CF reader, etc) and i can play Monkey Island on my DS.
Thanks for all the great work, cant wait to check it out
Vachu

Post by Vachu »

agentq wrote:When reading directyly from a CF/SD flash card, the card is used as a block device, where a block of data is read into a buffer in the CF/SD card and read out a byte at a time using memory mapped I/O.

The flash cart method uses GBA ROM space to map the entire data of the game into the 32Mb usually used for a GBA game.
I see. Thank you very much.
obiworm

Passkeys

Post by obiworm »

Can someone please reccommend me a type of pass card that will work with the EWin2 :?:
Aldrikh

Re: Passkeys

Post by Aldrikh »

obiworm wrote:Can someone please reccommend me a type of pass card that will work with the EWin2 :?:
passme3 works.

However, there's no way to run scummvm right now on ewin2 (as far as i know, if someone can prove me wrong, that would be great :-))
ace203

help

Post by ace203 »

can some one help me i want to play scummvm on my ds and what do you need to run them and is supercard better or is M3 adapter and i have the original ds.
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

I recommend M3 CF or Supercard CF or GBAMP CF. CF devices usually work better than SD devices when it comes to direct access of the flash card.
ace203

Post by ace203 »

if you get the m3, supercard or gba movie player do you need to flash your ds because i dont want to do that. and with the gba movie player do you still get the touch screen to use for scummvm
MetroidPrime

Post by MetroidPrime »

ace203 wrote:if you get the m3, supercard or gba movie player do you need to flash your ds because i dont want to do that.
You don't have to flash your DS when using any device. But then you need a passme device like Passcard or Superkey to enter DS mode.
and with the gba movie player do you still get the touch screen to use for scummvm
Yes, of course :)
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

If you use a PassMe2 (or a device based on it), and use a flash card reader that has problems saving (I think the M3 ones do have problems) then you won't be able to use the backup SRAM method.

You won't encounter this issue if you use a NoPass, or PassMe 1.
ace203

Post by ace203 »

were can you get the m3 or supercard for less then 100$ that has the passcard 3 or whatever the thing is called
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

You might want to look here for information on retailers:

http://forum.gbadev.org/viewforum.php?f=13
Amayirot Akago

Post by Amayirot Akago »

I finally got my SuperCard and SuperKey in the mail today - unfortunately I didn't have an SD card, but my brother had a 32 MB card lying around which I could borrow to test it. Everything works perfectly, including ScummVM! It's really amazing to be playing Monkey Island on my frickin' Nintendo DS! :D
sambrosnan

Monkey Island 1 Music

Post by sambrosnan »

I am trying to get Monkey Island 1 (The Secret of Monkey Island) to work on my DS Lite. I got the Supercard Lite and Super Key, and Scumm VM works. Monkey Island 2 works perfectly. I Got Monkey Island 1 to work, but the music didn't. So I read up on it, and Converted the mp3s to the correct WAV format. Now the music works, BUT the game plays thw wrong tracks! What is up with this? In the intro, it plays track17, the creepy organ music, and then in the first screen in the town, it plays the jungle ambiance.

Does anybody know what is going on? The same music files and game files will play perfectly on my Mac using Scumm VM. I have the tracks listed as "track01.wav" etc. Is this correct. Somebody please help!

Thanks!