HELP! New 3dsXL - Floating keyboard won't appear when pressing 'X' for copy protection screen games

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Monkeydcroft

HELP! New 3dsXL - Floating keyboard won't appear when pressing 'X' for copy protection screen games

Post by Monkeydcroft »

EDIT: I figured it out....I was on the version thsts the second most recent....can access the keyboard using Y :)

Hey guys,
Finally have the dream of having scummvm on my DS and would love to play some of the games that i have but some require the copy protection code at the start of the game...however when pressing X to bring up the keyboard it won't appear.
Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Im on the most current scumm build for 3ds and playing on a "New" 3ds xl.
I am using the .cia way of opening scummvm.
New to posting but have been a fan of these games for 30 years and glad to discover people are still chatting about and loving these games.
Many thanks again. :D
wojnarabc

Re: HELP! New 3dsXL - Floating keyboard won't appear when pressing 'X' for copy protection screen games

Post by wojnarabc »

Glad it works well for you. Could you share what build are you using and for what type of games ? Tried to do make it work for AGI/SCI Sierra games but without any luck. Option to display virtual keyboard is available in main scummvm option menu but not for each of the game separately.

Using latest stable build currently on New 2DSXL.
Fish13

Re: HELP! New 3dsXL - Floating keyboard won't appear when pressing 'X' for copy protection screen games

Post by Fish13 »

Same here,
works all great on my 3DSXL but Mi2 isnt playable due to the codewheel copyprotection and the required input of 4 numbers
It is not possible to activate the virtual keyboard for it although it can be activated in other games.
Would be great if somebody has a clue
brgds
Jochen