about ur games scummVM guys

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Maemo (Nokia N800/N810/N900) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

agogdata

about ur games scummVM guys

Post by agogdata »

hello
i have nokia n900 and i've downloaded the scummVM from app. manager, but i dont know where can i get the games..i saw at the download page at this site some games with many links of the same game, any heads up will be great
thanx
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

The link is just on the top: "Buy Supported Games".

Eugene
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: about ur games scummVM guys

Post by eriktorbjorn »

agogdata wrote:i saw at the download page at this site some games with many links of the same game,
The Extras section of the ScummVM downloads page? Yes, those are the only games that are freely distributable.
agogdata

Post by agogdata »

The Extras section of the ScummVM downloads page? Yes, those are the only games that are freely distributable.[/quote]
but there are many links of the same game which one should i click for my n900 ?
Hansi

Post by Hansi »

agogdata wrote:The Extras section of the ScummVM downloads page? Yes, those are the only games that are freely distributable.
but there are many links of the same game which one should i click for my n900 ?[/quote]

The text in the bracket explains what each file is.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Hansi wrote: The text in the bracket explains what each file is.
More specifically, "MP3", "OGG" and "FLAC" refers to different methods of compressing audio. "MP3" is what it sounds like, "OGG" is the lesser known Ogg Vorbis, and "FLAC" is probably even less known. In theory, FLAC is higher quality (at the cost of being larger) but I can't tell the difference myself. Some ScummVM ports only support some of these (or perhaps even none), but I think the Maemo port supports them all.

For games where there are both CD and floppy versions, the main difference should be that the floppy version has little or no speech.