new version in progress?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Maemo (Nokia N800/N810/N900) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Oracle

new version in progress?

Post by Oracle »

So with there be a new version of SCUMMVM for the maemo?

If so, can Woodruff be fixed (you can't access the acc. box in you're inventory. Side scrolling is pretty anoying too as you need to keep swiping to get further

Also Goblins 3 has this swiping problem.

For these both games the menu is not acesseble when working in full screen mode.

Just wanted to point these few things out. But scummvm is really awesome on the n900 though even with a few problem!
Cricri

Post by Cricri »

I'm trying to play Goblins 3 and Woodruff these days, but albeit the screen scrolls to the right ok, it's tedious to get it scrolling to the left. As a result, I stopped playing these games waiting for a fix.
I've been looking a lot around for a solution to this problem, and I'm to see that I'm not the only one.
Is there a fix on the way?
Thanks!
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Re: new version in progress?

Post by DrMcCoy »

Oracle wrote:Woodruff [...] you can't access the acc. box in you're inventory [...] the menu is not acesseble when working in full screen mode.
Those are news to me. Is this a Maemo-only problem? I can't reproduce it here, on Linux.
Oracle wrote:Side scrolling is pretty anoying too as you need to keep swiping to get further [...]
Also Goblins 3 has this swiping problem.
Well, this was how Goblins 3 originally worked. There's actually been a disproportional amount of complaints about that, maybe I should change it to use a more "intuitive" scrolling.
Cricri

Post by Cricri »

DrMcCoy wrote:There's actually been a disproportional amount of complaints about that, maybe I should change it to use a more "intuitive" scrolling.
Oups, sorry for hammering it in then. I actually couldn't find any mention of it anywhere until I found this thread, so I wasn't sure if it was a known "issue". Albeit from what you say, it actually works as intended.
fanoush

Post by fanoush »

Oracle wrote: For these both games the menu is not acesseble when working in full screen mode.
Sorry, I don't have those games. How it works in PC version? What must be done to bring up the menu?
Cricri

Post by Cricri »

fanoush wrote:Sorry, I don't have those games. How it works in PC version? What must be done to bring up the menu?
In windowed mode, bringing the mouse cursor to the top of the screen makes the menu appear. I believe it was the same in the original versions.
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

Thanks for the new version people!

However it didn't fix the woodruff bugs. from the the acc. box (from the inventory menu) I need to use the feathered brush on the jar bucket however in the meamo version this isn't possible :(