Monkey Island 3 N900 Error

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Maemo (Nokia N800/N810/N900) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

dpnk44

Monkey Island 3 N900 Error

Post by dpnk44 »

This game is so cool; brings back great memories however I have found a problem with the interface during one part (n.b. potential spoiler below...)

at the part when you pull down the fold-away bed, you have to hammer some nails into the bed to stop it srpinging up again however everytime I open the inventory (by pressing 'i' and selecting the hammer or nails) I can't close the inventory box down without clicking to the side of the box and moving Guybrush away from the bed, making it spring up again...

I have tried to close the inventory box down by pressing 'i' afetr I have selected the hammer or nails but when it closes the box down the item is no longer selected.

I have only seen one other forum entry for this problem but it's for iPod Touch (multi touch) (http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=28273)

Any ideas?! I'm starting to lose the will to live!
goetz

Post by goetz »

First of all: I completed this scene on my N900, so it's possible. :)

I managed this scene using a "swipe" technique I have menioned in a different post. Try the following:

I in the inventory box, put the stylus on the item (e.g. hammer) and without releasing it, drag the item to the border, out of the inventory box. After the box has closed, release the stylus. The item should have followed the cursor and no additional click should have happened. Just click the point (e.g. bed) where you want to use the item.

HTH, Goetz

EDIT: Just finished COMI and noticed that the exact procedure is: Select an item in the inventory box by clicking (and releasing sytlus) -- the cursor changes to item -- then do the drag and drop procedure above.
dpnk44

Post by dpnk44 »

ah awesome! thanks for your help! much appreciated!
goetz

Post by goetz »

Doh! Just ran over some bit of documentation in a maemo.org forum thread. :D The solution for moving the mouse without clicking is much simpler:

Stylus only: left click
Shift+Stylus: right click
Ctrl+Stylus: no click - move only

With Ctrl+Stylus it is no problem to close the inventory box in COMI/MI3 without clicking anything.