Nokia N900

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Maemo (Nokia N800/N810/N900) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kjow

Nokia N900

Post by Kjow »

Hi all,

I'm a new possessor of N900 (from about 18h :p) and I succesfully installed on it the official version:

Maemo package (OS 2006, 2007 and 2008) (3.5M .deb).

It seems to work well, I can run Monkey Island 3 at full speed, with speech and right touchscreen behaviours, but I can't find how to emulate some keys such as ESC.
I found some keys combo, like:

- CTRL+Space for switch Fullscreen
- CTRL+M for Menu (Save, Options, etc)
- CTRL+I for Inventary

Where can I find a full list of combo keys for Maemo?

Thanks!
fanoush

Post by fanoush »

Good news. I am a bit surprised it runs on N900. There are indeed some fixes in 1.0.0 needed for N900 but it is compiled for older devices and I expected it to not to install.

N900 support is not complete (and was therefore not announced in NEWS file). ctrl+m and ctrl+space were added for N900 but Escape is currenly missing and menu key too. Both keys are available on all previous devices. Menu key brings up in-game menu, ctrl+m brings up global menu. Do you have any suggestion? Which key is suitable as escape and in-game menu?

I don't have N900 yet so I'm not sure what would be the best.
fanoush

Post by fanoush »

And BTW, you can follow up any updates here
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33126&page=4
Kjow

Post by Kjow »

Great!

I love ScummVM and all Lucas adventures... :)

"ESC" can be emulated by "backspace" [ <- ]),
"crtl+i" for in-game menu
"." to skip dialogues,
possibilities to remap arrows (in non-english keyboard layout there are "up" and "down" in 2° function).

A virtual keyboard would be very appreciated (ctrl+k ? :) ) to insert some text with real qwerty closed or without some special keys.
DarkAlexander

Post by DarkAlexander »

Hi, i have installed ScummVM on my N900 and play with it at Monkey Island 3 and... It go really well! But... If i try to play MI1, MI2, Drascula and others game i can't save/load! With CTRL+M i open the scumm menu BUT the options SAVE/LOAD are black!! How can i resolve it?
Tia!

PS
Sorry for my really bad english, but i'm only a stupid italian guy... :)
goetz

Post by goetz »

Strange, I am just playing MI1, and have some working Savegames on the N900 already. Is your MI1 a special version? I have MI1(DOS/VGA/German).

Also in MI2 I can call the save/load screens as they should work, version is MI2(DOS/German).

Which ScummVM version are you using? I grabbed the latest from the Extras-Devel repository and it shows "1.0.0 Dec 17 2009 17:13:34" in the launcher.

Just an additional update. All these games were working fine and I completed them on N900:

Loom, Zak, Maniac, DOTT, Sam&Max

With the N900 and its touch screen I had a new record with the "wak a rat" game in Sam&Max: someting like 35 out of 40. :D On Symbian I could only make it up to 20, and that with hard work. :(

Goetz
DarkAlexander

Post by DarkAlexander »

I don't know why... :( I have exaclty the same version of SCUMM! Can u link the MI2 rom are u using? Uff... I really like to play MI2!!
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

DarkAlexander, you appear to be using a downloaded copy of the Monkey Island games. That is not legal, and we do not support users who are trying to use warez. I recommend that you buy the games you want to play.
DarkAlexander

Post by DarkAlexander »

Use rom isn't illegal if u own the normal game, and i have all MI. Use ScummVM, isn't illegal too... So i think there isn't problem, allright? I understand my problem but now i have another question... It's possible skip the initial movie of a game?
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

Does anyone know how I can shut down the zoom modus in the main menu without the confige/option button visable? I tried zoomed in 3 times and now my scummvm screen doesn't fit on the n900 no more.

I did a re-install but it rememberd the last configations :(
tnx
goetz

Post by goetz »

Just use an editor (like vi in the xterm) to edit .scummvmrc in your home directory. Look for an entry "gfx_mode" in the "[scummvm]" section and set it to:

gfx_mode=2x

That should give you back the normal scaling.
Oracle

Post by Oracle »

goetz wrote:Just use an editor (like vi in the xterm) to edit .scummvmrc in your home directory. Look for an entry "gfx_mode" in the "[scummvm]" section and set it to:

gfx_mode=2x

That should give you back the normal scaling.
thx it worked (i used mc). It was pretty hard but it solved the problem :)
zerosix

Post by zerosix »

will next release support myst and/or riven?
sniiki

Post by sniiki »

I have quite a bit of delay in sound on my N900.
I tested Full Throttle and Sam & Max, with compressed and uncompressed audio, didn't matter.
The delay is about 500 ms.

Is there any trick to fix this?
Torstten

Post by Torstten »

sniiki wrote:I have quite a bit of delay in sound on my N900.
I tested Full Throttle and Sam & Max, with compressed and uncompressed audio, didn't matter.
The delay is about 500 ms.

Is there any trick to fix this?
It could be a problem with your sound driver - the software that runs your sound card.
Last edited by Torstten on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.