Problems Discworld2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Maemo (Nokia N800/N810/N900) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

markel

Problems Discworld2

Post by markel »

Hi! There was problema.Pri start the game Discworld2 (Russian version), scummvm an error-"ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory". Although the computing system starts without problems. What could be the reason? Device N810, ScummVM 0.13.1 Thank you!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Problems Discworld2

Post by eriktorbjorn »

ScummVM 0.13.1 doesn't support the Discworld games. The upcoming 1.0 should, however.
dannydio

disworld II on windows mobile

Post by dannydio »

I'm running scummVM 1.0.0 and can't get it to load discworld II missing presumed!? I think the version supports this game, and it looks like it's starting up, but then it immediately quits.

Any ideas anyone?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: disworld II on windows mobile

Post by eriktorbjorn »

dannydio wrote: Any ideas anyone?
Just to rule out the simplest explanation, did you make sure you copied (and, in a few cases, renamed) all of the files indicated on the Data Files page? (It looks like this information is not in the ScummVM README, for some reason.)

I don't know how ScummVM reacts to missing files, however. It might not behave at all like you describe. Running it from a command prompt could possibly provide an error message. I can't check at the moment.
dannydio

Post by dannydio »

Yes, everything is in the dw2 directory and I renamed the files for the second disc.
dannydio

Post by dannydio »

By the way, how do I run it from a command prompt on my mobile phone?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

dannydio wrote:By the way, how do I run it from a command prompt on my mobile phone?
Ah, I didn't realize it was a phone. I'm not familiar with the Maemo. :)
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Post by jvprat »

dannydio wrote:Yes, everything is in the dw2 directory and I renamed the files for the second disc.
You should also rename the files for the first one?
dannydio

Post by dannydio »

Yes, I also did that.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Which mobile phone is that? DW2 is quite memory intensive, the game alone needs 10MB of RAM (which doesn't account for the memory that the rest of the code in tinsel and ScummVM itself needs)
fanoush

Re: Problems Discworld2

Post by fanoush »

eriktorbjorn wrote:ScummVM 0.13.1 doesn't support the Discworld games. The upcoming 1.0 should, however.
Discworld should run on N810 when running scummvm 1.0.0. I have tested both DW I and II.