Gobliiins PC CD

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Maemo (Nokia N800/N810/N900) port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Smothermunchie

Gobliiins PC CD

Post by Smothermunchie »

Greetings.

I have a Gobliiins and Goblins 2 CD-ROM and have it running quiet nicely on my N800.

However, neither one of these have music in the background like it originally played on my computer.

Can anyone confirm that they actually have music in their background from the PC version?

If so, what might be the problem on my end?

I copied all of the necessary game data files. The only thing I can possibly think of is that I haven't update any of the software on the Nokia, so the firmware is the original that came with the system.

Please write back if you find the time.

Thanks.
clem

Post by clem »

README, section 3.10 might give some help
(does the Nokia 770/800 port have support for all compression formats?)

have you tried running it in ScummVM on your PC?

Smothermunchie wrote:I have a Gobliiins and Goblins 2 CD-ROM and have it running quiet nicely on my N800.
excellent pun! :D (or Freudian slip?)
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

Greetings Clem.

Nice catch there by the way. I didn't even notice that I typed quiet instead of quite. It wasn't intentional so I guess Freud wasn't full of crap after all. :lol:

When you say to look at the 3.10 in the README file, are you talking about the part on copy protection?

Both of the Goblin CDs are authentic and still are in the original CD case. I didn't purchase them on Ebay.

All I did was copy over the necessary DATA files that's listed in your resource section.

Buy yeah, they work perfect on my computer, even without the CD in the drive but no go with the N800 for some reason.

I'm only getting sound effects and that's it.

The little stupid idgit monkey at the side of the table in the title screen doesn't even make a sound in the build for the N800, not that I'm complaining. :lol:

Anyway, no background sound and I'm wondering if there's a specific driver needed (the Scumm installation didn't put up any fuss) or if the port is somewhat incomplete for whatever reason.

Thanks for the time in your response.

Cheers.
fanoush

Post by fanoush »

clem wrote:does the Nokia 770/800 port have support for all compression formats?
http://maemo.org/community/wiki/scummvm ... 4e45f3b823
not sure if anything else can be enabled
clem

Post by clem »

Smothermunchie wrote: When you say to look at the 3.10 in the README file, are you talking about the part on copy protection?
3.10) Gobliiins notes:
----- ----------------
The CD versions of the Gobliiins series contain one big audio track which you
need to rip (see the section on using compressed audio files) and copy into
the game directory if you want to have in-game music without the CD in the
drive all the time. The speech is also in that track and its volume is
therefore changed with the music volume control as well.
since you only wrote about copying the data files and never mentioned CD audio I thought maybe you didn't rip it - no CD audio, no music - but of course I might be wrong since I have neither a nokia tablet, nor Gobliiins :)
Smothermunchie

Post by Smothermunchie »

You got it right Clem.

I never ripped the audio since I didn't see it on the CD.

I thought that the game data files were enough.

I am too stupid to live. :oops:

Thanks for the help.

Have a great day!