Loom TurboGrafx CD on PS2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ziltink

Loom TurboGrafx CD on PS2

Post by ziltink »

Does this combination work? I tried it this evening and it doesn't work at all. Seems to hang the emulator. I created all of the audio files in OGG and copied the working directory from my Windows machine. Doesn't seem to work...
Morden

Post by Morden »

The TG16 version of Loom is not listed on the datafiles page, so it's safe to say it's not supported. You could always play it using a PCE / TG16 emulator on your PC. There is one for PlayStation 2 as well, but I've never used it so I can't say anything about the compatibility.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Morden wrote:The TG16 version of Loom is not listed on the datafiles page
If "TG16" and "PC-Engine" are the same things, it's listed on the compatibility page, though. Of course, the PlayStation 2 port might not support it for some reason. (It seems to be using 16-bit graphics. Perhaps the PS2 backend doesn't handle that yet?)
ziltink

Post by ziltink »

I didn't notice that, I did try the HOWTO for LoomTG16. Works great for Windows, but not PS2. I even tried it on my PSP with no luck either. Would sure be great to be able to get this working on either PS2 or PSP.
eriktorbjorn wrote:If "TG16" and "PC-Engine" are the same things, it's listed on the compatibility page, though. Of course, the PlayStation 2 port might not support it for some reason. (It seems to be using 16-bit graphics. Perhaps the PS2 backend doesn't handle that yet?)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Morden wrote:The TG16 version of Loom is not listed on the datafiles page
If "TG16" and "PC-Engine" are the same things, it's listed on the compatibility page, though. Of course, the PlayStation 2 port might not support it for some reason. (It seems to be using 16-bit graphics. Perhaps the PS2 backend doesn't handle that yet?)
Yeah Loom PCE should only be working on backends with 16bit graphics support, and that in regard should only be: SDL, Wii, DC and PSP (just added recently, thus not available in the 1.1.1 release).
ziltink

Post by ziltink »

Tried using one of the PSP TG/PCE emulators and it works great. Screen is a little off, but otherwise works great. Guess I'll use that for now, until ScummVM gets this working on PSP/PS2.

I've actually tried that PS2 TG/PCE emulator and it doesn't work well. Sound is off, and it doesn't do CDs at all. Sure wish this would be fixed/updated.
Morden wrote:The TG16 version of Loom is not listed on the datafiles page, so it's safe to say it's not supported. You could always play it using a PCE / TG16 emulator on your PC. There is one for PlayStation 2 as well, but I've never used it so I can't say anything about the compatibility.