Starting Scumm from MC Boot

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ziltink

Starting Scumm from MC Boot

Post by ziltink »

Is this possible to start Scumm from the main menu of MC Boot? I have tried and it only restart back to the main menu. I have added the Scumm files to my USB key, added the Scumm launch ELF to the MC Boot configuration and started the PS2. Whenever I attempt to start this from the main menu, Scumm never starts. I can however load it from uLaunchELF with no problems at all. Anyone get this working? Is this an issue launching from a USB key? All of my other applications launch from the Memory Card.
Oddysee

Post by Oddysee »

Hmm, try making a folder on the USB key called BOOT. Then put the ScummVM elf file into it. When you put the USB key into the PS2 and run FMCB as normal, you should see ScummVM on the main menu. See if it runs from there.
ziltink

Post by ziltink »

Thanks, I'll give this a try. Haven't actually tried getting any other ELF files to start from FMCB on a USB key. Already posted another message about getting this working from a PS2 DVD, that would be great. Unfortunately, that doesn't work well either. ScummVM works great just booting from uLaunchELF though, so no biggy. Very happy with ScummVM!
Oddysee wrote:Hmm, try making a folder on the USB key called BOOT. Then put the ScummVM elf file into it. When you put the USB key into the PS2 and run FMCB as normal, you should see ScummVM on the main menu. See if it runs from there.
ScummBoy

ps2 slim scummvm

Post by ScummBoy »

i need start on usb because my 8mb card is to small to move all so i need set as in the picture Image