7th Guest in PS2 porting

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Alpobemp

7th Guest in PS2 porting

Post by Alpobemp »

I do not know whether this would be reported in the bug tracker or not, anyway: I put my games on a USB external hard disk (500 GB formatted in FAT32), among them there is also 7th Guest.
Well, I have installed last version of SCUMMVM (1.0.o rc1) on my notebook and the PS2 on the same USB HD. If I try to install it on the PC version, everything works fine; if I try to make the same on the PS2, it can neither recognize it as a game.

The directory and the disk where the game's files are copied are the same, in both cases; what changes is the porting (but not the version) of ScummVM.

I launch SCUMMVM on PS2 with FreeMCBoot v. 1.8, ULaunchELF v. 4.30.

I own just the two game disks, not the box and documentation, so what I know about the version game is that is the DOS/Win 3.1.

Thanks,
Alberto
Damonfeuer

Post by Damonfeuer »

Hi Alberto, it's probably not a bug with the PS2 version, I've not had a chance to test 1.0.0rc1, but looking at the makefile in the SVN - the Groovie Engine (7th Guest) has not been included in the 1.0.0rc1 version that you downloaded.

If the engine is not included, it will not even recognise the files, to check if it is included, click "About" on the main launcher.

I don't know why it hasn't been included on PS2. Could you compile it yourself to test?
Alpobemp

Post by Alpobemp »

I don't know why it hasn't been included on PS2. Could you compile it yourself to test?
First of all, thank you for your answer.
Yes, it is odd it has not been included in the PS2 porting, though unfortunately I wouldn't know even where to begin to compile it... no problem, I will wait for the next release ...

Bye,
Alberto
Damonfeuer

Post by Damonfeuer »

Hi Alberto, I've uploaded a binary with some of the missing engines - Groovie, SCI, Tinsel and Tucker engines, for you to test, get it at:-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TBQR3TL4

Just put the ELF file where you have the released binary.

Hopefully you could add your findings to the release testing forum thread. Unless it doesn't work at all - then it would probably be my fault :).
Alpobemp

Post by Alpobemp »

Damonfeuer wrote:Hi Alberto, I've uploaded a binary with some of the missing engines - Groovie, SCI, Tinsel and Tucker engines, for you to test, get it at:-

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TBQR3TL4

Just put the ELF file where you have the released binary.

Hopefully you could add your findings to the release testing forum thread. Unless it doesn't work at all - then it would probably be my fault :).
Oh, thanks! it will be a pleasure for me to test it in the very next few days.

Bye,
Alberto