ScummVM 0.9.1 RC1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bison

Post by Bison »

OpTiMaL wrote:I've uploaded the newest ScummVM for PS2 to my FileFront account. Enjoy.

http://hosted.filefront.com/optimalhunter/
So all i need to do is copy these files to my hdd, then boot using ULE. Is this correct?

Sorry for the noob questions, i am new to scmmVM :?
Konador

Post by Konador »

Hi, I'm trying to get this version to boot from my USB drive using SwapMagic.

I get to the loading screen with the DNA spiral but then get a message saying:

"mass0:/SWAPMAGIC/IOMANX.IRX" not found: -19

The file (and all other files from the .iso) is in that directory, so I don't know why it says not found? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

Errorcode -19 means that the device (mass0) was not found. I'm not sure what to make of this, as I haven't ever seen or used SwapMagic.
Maybe it resets parts of the console before executing a given ELF file, thereby making it impossible for the application to access the corresponding device...
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

Konador wrote:Hi, I'm trying to get this version to boot from my USB drive using SwapMagic.

I get to the loading screen with the DNA spiral but then get a message saying:

"mass0:/SWAPMAGIC/IOMANX.IRX" not found: -19

The file (and all other files from the .iso) is in that directory, so I don't know why it says not found? Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Use ulaunchelf: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44714
Konador

Post by Konador »

Thanks, that worked a treat! :)
noiseredux

Post by noiseredux »

I'm having a problem... I can boot ScummVM from my USB device, and then I can get the game (monkey1) to be recognized, but when I attempt to start the game I get a frozen black screen with a blue + (a blue 'plus' which I assume would be the mouse-pointer if the game actually loaded).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm loading from ulaunchelf 4.05. Thanks in advance.
barf

Post by barf »

Is there a special way to prime or prepare Monkey 3? Or will it not work on the PS2 version of ScummVM?
lavosspawn wrote:ScummVM always saves the savegames and configuration on the Memorycard in port 1.
Other devices are unsupported for now (and it may actually stay like that)...
Please, support mass0: for saving, pretty please