Did You Find This Guide Helpful?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 15

SilverBlade

Post by SilverBlade »

First, I have tried to record the image on DVD+RW, but it wouldn't start.
The PS2 will only read DVD+RW with DVD-ROM booktype. If your burner supports bitsetting, tjeck the booktype setting.
LurkerScum

Files missing

Post by LurkerScum »

Hello,

I'm trying to make a scummvm dvd for ps2, but I can't download the ps2 files, could you upload them again please?

Thanks and regards, Roger.
bhbsb

Post by bhbsb »

In eed those files too please..
lostchild

Post by lostchild »

I took the most recent files from the ScummVM site and used quality DVD-R and did everything like you described it here but my PS2 reognizes the DVD as a video DVD. Any suggests?

Greets

Josef
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Modchip.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

iPwnzorz wrote:Modchip.
arn't those illegal?
clem

Post by clem »

PsYcO wrote:arn't those illegal?
depends on whom you ask - is using a software exploit to get homebrew running (like on the psp) any more or less illegal than wiring in a separate hardware chip?
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

clem wrote:
PsYcO wrote:arn't those illegal?
depends on whom you ask
sony:P
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

A PS2 is just a computer.

It has hardware, plug 'n' play.

If it's illegal, should putting a new graphics card in your PC be illegal?

I see what you mean, but Sony bitch about them because you can play copied games with them, that's all.
Gerinych

Post by Gerinych »

iPwnzorz wrote:A PS2 is just a computer.

I see what you mean, but Sony bitch about them because you can play copied games with them, that's all.
Yeah, but what if you use it to play downloaded-for-free-then-burned-onto-a-DVD games? I know that illegal downloading is, well, illegal, but won't making a modchip to play illegal games isn't illegal?
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

iPwnzorz wrote:A PS2 is just a computer.

no, but the ps2 is a copyrighted thing, and its illegal to modify registered things afaik... at least in tv and film thats how it works
Gerinych wrote:Yeah, but what if you use it to play downloaded-for-free-then-burned-onto-a-DVD games? I know that illegal downloading is, well, illegal, but won't making a modchip to play illegal games isn't illegal?
it does do other things as well, most illegal, but things like scummvm arn't
Gerinych

Post by Gerinych »

You know, the modchips aren't that great. I ordered a Swap Magic 3.6, it seems more rational, even if I void my warranty. At least I won't have to completely open up my PS2 to make ScummVM work. I ordered a Flip-Cover one and it's gonna come in about a week, maybe earlier. Then I'll test out ScummVM as a contribution.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

Gerinych wrote:You know, the modchips aren't that great. I ordered a Swap Magic 3.6, it seems more rational, even if I void my warranty. At least I won't have to completely open up my PS2 to make ScummVM work. I ordered a Flip-Cover one and it's gonna come in about a week, maybe earlier. Then I'll test out ScummVM as a contribution.
yeh, but then you have to keep swapping discs, and who wants that? not i
Gerinych

Post by Gerinych »

PsYcO wrote: yeh, but then you have to keep swapping discs, and who wants that? not i
Who wants to solder 22 pinheads to 22 wires with the original chip ripped apart from its homeplace? Oh, god, I'm bad at forming words. ;) You know, there is a risk of messing up your PS2 if you don't know squat about electronics, like me. I take the most useable and easy solution to my problem. You can do whatever you walt, I'll stick with the shell change.
ziltink

Post by ziltink »

Are the DVD files available for this? I would like to create one of these for my PS2, but the link for the example files seems to be broken. Are there any newer instructions available for creating a ScummVM PS2 DVD?

I tried creating one based on the instructions for MC Boot and ESR, but it didn't boot automatically. If I add uLaunchELF, maybe that will fix the problem.

Anyone tried to create a ScummVM PS2 DVD lately?

Thanks!