Did You Find This Guide Helpful?

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes: 15

theink

Post by theink »

I'm interested in the same question as ziltink.
The post itself is from 2006. There are newer release of SCUMMVM. Is there something that is somehow new to the shared information.

I have read the README.PS2 file from the last releace (1.1.1) and there is one major thing that i didn't quite understand.

The next line:
"If you are starting ScummVM from CD/DVD then it will look for ScummVM.ini on the first MC and then on CD itself. In any other case it will look for a ScummVM.ini on the media folder from where you started SCUMMVM.ELF."

The file was not mentioned in the tutorial so...
Where can I get such a file?
What information it contains?
Is it really necessary to have it on the DVD disc?

Now I just want to sum the things that I think I got right, so the eventual response could straiten up the things and with that be in a help and for other people that are gonna read this.

I download the archive with the binary files of the latest ps2 version of the emulator.
I extract it.
I do the listed steps in the tutorial that are concerned to the nero software and I put all the files in the main directory of the feature disc.
I put the game that I have bought many years ago in the "game" folder in a sub folder that has no more than 11 symbols in its name.
I don't search for any .ini file (whatever it is) or remote drivers that I don't need and I just hit the "burn" button in Nero after setting the write speed to 2X.
And that's all, the game should run on a modded PS2 console.

Thanks for the help in advance.
theink

Post by theink »

No it didn't work.
A text message appeared on the screen
"this disc could not be played"

For some reason i didn't have the option in the nero to write the disc at 2x speed, so I burned it at 4x
May be this is the reason for the fail or may be it isn't.
May be it's because of the ini file or maybe not.

If somebody have an idea is more then welcome to share his wisdom here.

Thanks
ziltink

Post by ziltink »

I'm thinking ScummVM on PS2 is not used very often. Which is too bad, it works very well on the PS2 from what I've seen.
theink wrote:No it didn't work.
A text message appeared on the screen
"this disc could not be played"

For some reason i didn't have the option in the nero to write the disc at 2x speed, so I burned it at 4x
May be this is the reason for the fail or may be it isn't.
May be it's because of the ini file or maybe not.

If somebody have an idea is more then welcome to share his wisdom here.

Thanks