Custom Resolution scaling

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Pogo{

Post by Pogo{ »

LordHoto wrote: Just try the next nightly build. If that still fails I don't think there's much you can do about right now, the OpenGL backend is still WIP and also won't be in the next release.
Whatever you did in the latest build fixed it, it's still 640*480 intially but now cycling with ctrl-alt-enter works.

Very happy to see the opengl backend resurrected. I think this is a feature that will be appreciated by alot of people, especially in this day and age of lcd monitors that need native res to look sharp. Thank you!
circletheory

Post by circletheory »

Very happy to see the opengl backend resurrected. I think this is a feature that will be appreciated by alot of people, especially in this day and age of lcd monitors that need native res to look sharp. Thank you!
Wanted to bump this thread. I'm running a nightly build of ScummVM 1.3.1(GIT 10/6). I don't know if my problem is exactly related, but I think I have a resolution problem as well.

I'm trying to launch ScummVM from XBMC. This works fine. I get full screen graphics, the works. However, when I quit ScummVM through the built in menu, when it drops me back to XBMC, the resolution of XBMC has the wrong resolution. However, my OS still has the proper resolution.

I posted this issue on the XBMC forum and it was mentioned that ScummVM may be running in a different resolution than my desktop. If so, how do I specify which resolution to run ScummVM at? I don't see any resolution field in the ScummVM.ini file. Since I've never had an issue with my OS changing resolution after quitting ScummVM , I assumed that ScummVM was indeed running at my desktop resolution.

I'm not sure if this is a XBMC issue or a ScummVM issue. If anyone else is having this problem and was able to solve it, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
circletheory
Mau1wurf1977

Post by Mau1wurf1977 »

Some things I noticed (Only just tested todays daily built).

Space Quest III and IV give me display corruption. Maniac version works totally fine though.

The other thing I noticed is that in Maniac Mansion you can move the mouse past the left and right border.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Hi Mau1wurf1977

Did you fill in a bug report concerning those issues?
Do you have a savegame we could use to easily reproduce those problems?

Best regards,
Strangerke
Mau1wurf1977

Post by Mau1wurf1977 »

Not submitted anything yet. Not sure if it's needed for daily builds?

Here are some screenshots:

First one shows the cursor ging past the sides. The second one shows the giant cursor and the last ones the display corruption with Space Quest 3.

I also got a few crashes when trying Sierra games. But this also happens without OpenGL mode. 1.3.1 works 100% fine though.

Native resolution is 1366 x 768, Nvidia 460 with the latest Beta driver for Battlefield 3,

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4790 ... 074634.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/6549 ... 074997.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/9294 ... 082782.jpg
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/614/ ... 1288hj.jpg
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4384 ... 101627.jpg
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Mau1wurf1977 wrote:Not submitted anything yet. Not sure if it's needed for daily builds?
Since the OpenGL backend is WIP you shouldn't file bug reports about that.
Mau1wurf1977 wrote: First one shows the cursor ging past the sides.
Yes that's "normal" right now.
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:The second one shows the giant cursor
Can't see how it's any bigger compared to the one in the first screenshot. When you talk about the GUI cursor, yes that's known the cursor scaling isn't working right yet.
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:and the last ones the display corruption with Space Quest 3.
That's really odd, sadly I don't have Space Quest 3 to test. But it would be nice when you could say which version you have.
Mau1wurf1977 wrote: I also got a few crashes when trying Sierra games. But this also happens without OpenGL mode. 1.3.1 works 100% fine though.
Crashes you get with the SDL backend and a daily build should be reported. Please do that.
Mau1wurf1977

Post by Mau1wurf1977 »

LordHoto wrote: That's really odd, sadly I don't have Space Quest 3 to test. But it would be nice when you could say which version you have.
It's the PC version from the Steam Space Quest Collection.

EDIT: Also with Kings Quest 4 and I have submitted a bug.