A new engine. One for the Christopher Lloyd fans.

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

McKnallski wrote:Download and use the latest daily Subversion Build (trunk, not 1.2.x branch).

Download here for your system (they are generated daily with the latest Changes):
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html
Just downloading the latest daily build from the bottom of the download page should be sufficient as it's not a testing phase right now.

The .tar.gz file can be extracted with 7zip on Windows though.
adrianiscorrect

Post by adrianiscorrect »

Not sure where to report bugs, ill post it here for now but if there is somewhere better let me know!

Crashed on my Windows 7 64 bit home pc when I get to Zannydoo and ask that dog in the gym to demonstrate through the fire hoops routine, just after the movie sequence. Scummvm just stops and thats it.

Good work on getting this game working! Been sat on my shelf for years, great to play it again!

Oh, its the daily build 1.3.0svn55276 version of scummvm.

Thanks!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

adrianiscorrect wrote:Not sure where to report bugs, ill post it here for now but if there is somewhere better let me know!
Yes, there is that 'Rules' link on the top.

Eugene
youngblood

Post by youngblood »

Im so stoked to hear that you guys finally managed to get "Toonstruck" one of my top favorite oldschool adventure games up and running :D . Will it also be made possible to run it on the symbian S60 :?:

Would be sooo awesome, thank you guys for all of the hard work!

Best Regards,

Youngblood
shaun_spark

Post by shaun_spark »

Does anyone have a rough idea when this will be finished?
Sylvain
ScummVM Team Member

Post by Sylvain »

Hello,

The game is already completable without too many issues, except the bug that adrianiscorrect reported. The rest is mainly minor graphic glitches. I have to improve Drew walk a little too.
I guess we can soon launch the test phase and then it will be officially supported.
I think some optimizations need to be done if you want the game to run on phones :)

Sylvain
Blooglspash

Post by Blooglspash »

Sylvain wrote:Hello,

The game is already completable without too many issues, except the bug that adrianiscorrect reported. The rest is mainly minor graphic glitches. I have to improve Drew walk a little too.
I guess we can soon launch the test phase and then it will be officially supported.
I think some optimizations need to be done if you want the game to run on phones :)

Sylvain
So the game doesn't crash randomly anymore in the latest SVN build? You've made great progress, and I'm glad I'll eventually be able to easily play Toonstruck on my Mac.
shaun_spark

Post by shaun_spark »

Sylvain wrote:Hello,

Sylvain
Wow, thats great news! When I tried it about a month ago, it crashed quite early on for me, as I walked into the frogs bakery in town. I could never move past that point. So you're confident the latest build for Mac only has graphic glitches?

Thanks a lot for working on it.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

game doesn't load up for me. i click start and scummvm closes. the command prompt doesn't give any hints either. just says "starting toonstruck". using 1.3.0svn55539
I've copied and recopied all the folders just in case, and still.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Mataku wrote: I've copied and recopied all the folders just in case, and still.
Did you keep the folder structure (act1, act2, misc), or did you "flatten" it into one big folder. ScummVM apparently expects the file structure to be there. This seems to be the minimal set of files needed to get the main menu up and running:

Code: Select all

|-- act1
|   `-- arcaddbl
|       `-- arcaddbl.svl
|-- act2
|   `-- study
|       `-- study.svl
|-- misc
    |-- br091013.mus
    |-- drew.pak
    |-- local.pak
    `-- onetime.pak
Of course, it will crash instantly if I try to actually start the game because that requires other files. However, if I put all six files into the same folder, it will only be detected, it won't start.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

I've put everything inside the folders into one folder, because that was the only way it actually detected the game. if i put the folders in their "act1" "act2" folders, the game doesn't get detected at all.

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Mataku wrote:I've put everything inside the folders into one folder, because that was the only way it actually detected the game. if i put the folders in their "act1" "act2" folders, the game doesn't get detected at all.
Strange, it detected the game for me even if it was in "act1" and "act2" folders. I don't know if that's necessary though, but it seemed very insistent that the files in the "misc" folder really was in that folder, and not at the top level of the game folder, or it would crash for me.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

anyway, what to do? should i just wait till a new daily?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Mataku wrote:anyway, what to do? should i just wait till a new daily?
I don't know if that would make a difference or not, but one thing I'd try would be to make an F:\ToonStruck\MISC folder and put those 24 files that are currently directly under F:\ToonStruck in it.

But it's possible that you also need the ACT1 / ACT2 structure; I don't know for sure.
Sylvain
ScummVM Team Member

Post by Sylvain »

It should work without the Act1 and Act2 structure.
I'm fixing so that it works without the Misc folder too.

However, the only recommanded way to have it working is :
- copy act1, act2, misc in a folder, and point scummvm to this folder, it should detect it.
- if the game crashes or closes directly, there is something wrong in the engine, please give us on what hardware/OSes you're trying to run the game. It will help.

Thanks !

Sylvain